**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steals, by themselves, don’t tell you how good a player is as a defender. There are some guys who get a lot of steals who are great defenders, like PG, and some who get a lot of steals who are average defenders or worse, like Russ. AI was always good on steals in his prime, but wasn’t locking anyone down. Pretty sure Lou Will had a 10 steal game last year and he’s sure not an elite defender.

Steals are kind of a weird, not particularly informative stat in that way...

sohi 23 sohi 23

This is pt. 2 of the OG tweet that I forgot to post...

:lol: nothing in that tweet addresses what I said in my OG response.

He still gets no credit for pressuring Kemba full court all night + funneling drives to the big.

Once again, I’m not saying son is PRIME GP but he is a really good defender.

Just watch his highlights from yesterday and see how active he is on defense. Forcing turnovers and starting the break himself is such a valuable skill and it’s one of the things he’s really good at.

I’m not one of these steals = good defender guys but he has active hands and is consistently making plays.

Man, DLo seems to be coming into his own. Glad to see him prospering. 17ppg per 29min ... nice!!!!

Lakers ****ed up!!!!

He still gets no credit for pressuring Kemba full court all night + funneling drives to the big.

Just watch his highlights from yesterday and see how active he is on defense. Forcing turnovers and starting the break himself is such a valuable skill and it’s one of the things he’s really good at.

I’m not one of these steals = good defender guys but he has active hands and is consistently making plays.

To each his own, but all you said pretty much summed up points 1/2 that HP tweeted about.

Steals, by themselves, don’t tell you how good a player is as a defender. There are some guys who get a lot of steals who are great defenders, like PG, and some who get a lot of steals who are average defenders or worse, like Russ. AI was always good on steals in his prime, but wasn’t locking anyone down. Pretty sure Lou Will had a 10 steal game last year and he’s sure not an elite defender.

Steals are kind of a weird, not particularly informative stat in that way...
dat explains why stockton da goat :lol:

You know what I was thinking about.. How is a young player going to build confidence in their shot if they can’t put up 10-15 shots a night.. Like some guys need to shoot 40% for 2 or 3 seasons to get over the mental hurdle of playing against someone just as athletically gifted...

Whereas defense is something you’ll always get unlimited in game reps... as long you choose the correct angles

To each his own, but all you said pretty much summed up points 1/2 that HP tweeted about.

To each his own. I’m not sure why son wants to go out of his way to discredit Lonzo’s defensive performance. We can all cherrypick video clips and nitpick performances to create a narrative.

Also, alot of those tweets are just plain wrong. He called a couple of turnovers bogus but if you watch different replays Zo clearly was the reason for the deflection/steal.

"Lakers goofed" seems to be a popular refrain in here. I look forward to when BI and Zo are inevitably on another squad and flourishing and all of a sudden the majority in here will act like they've always believed in them.
On DLo, they truly did my dude. You cant just give up on a player in 2 years, especially when your organization is rebuilding and a **** show.

I however, understand they were questions about maturity and locker room dysfunction cause of him. But dude was way young.

To each his own. I’m not sure why son wants to go out of his way to discredit Lonzo’s defensive performance. We can all cherrypick video clips and nitpick performances to create a narrative.

Also, alot of those tweets are just plain wrong. He called a couple of turnovers bogus but if you watch different replays Zo clearly was the reason for the deflection/steal.

I'm gonna watch close tonight. I get a preview of the new Wizards PG, and you get to see your future PG :lol:

What is this Hawks coach trying to prove? He has his starters in the game down 30 to the Nets. They gave up 140 points!

On DLo, they truly did my dude. You cant just give up on a player in 2 years, especially when your organization is rebuilding and a **** show.

I however, understand they were questions about maturity and locker room dysfunction cause of him. But dude was way young.

Ratsull has been the same inconsistent, non defensive player he's been since coming into the league. Which is why he still gets benched on a terrible team in the Nets. He'll have flashes like he did for us and then disappear. We ain't goof on nothing with him.

"Lakers goofed" seems to be a popular refrain in here. I look forward to when BI and Zo are inevitably on another squad and flourishing and all of a sudden the majority in here will act like they've always believed in them.
Do people really think that the Lakers goofed with Ingram? He was pretty much the consensus guy there at #2.

Lonzo just wasn't the best player or guy with the highest ceiling when they picked him. They 100% goofed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom