**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fam I created a NT March Madness Bracket Challenge on ESPN. If anyone wants to join.....

Group: NT Bracket Busters 3848048
Password: niketalk

This not real stop it lol You trolling bro

upload_2019-3-19_13-58-7.jpeg

Having long hair is expensive, getting braided x cut every 2 weeks costing me about $200 a month. Going to have to rock the OBJ this summer.

I just looked at numbers for the 2000-2001 season vs this season. Now i want People to take into account that clearly the 2000 season was a lot more friendly to big men play, back to the basket, and playing out the post with legit 7 footers.

2P percentage overall - 46% (2001) vs 52% (2019)
2P percentage 0-3 - 62% vs 66%
2P percentage 3-10 - 36% vs 40%

so in an era where players played closer to the basket, coaches game planned to get closer to the basket, there was more skill in terms of post play...... that somehow, a league that shifted to perimeter play & favors smaller players, is just magically that much better at finishing at the basket than the previous generation.

It has nothing to do with there being more space, nothing to do with smaller players patrolling the lane, nothing to do with less contact being allowed when a player is driving to the basket/coming off screens. The new generation is just that much better at finishing despite not being nearly as prepared to do so physically.

The commissioner himself has spoken publicly about the league emphasizing a quicker pace & higher scoring the past 10 years, but nah the game isn't simpler for elite scorers now :lol:

"That leave out serious factors affecting the game of basketball". Implying that somehow people who study basketball for a living somehow can't grasp concepts that you can... OK.

Yall don't want to have a serious conversation about this. Earlier this season I made the argument that James Harden changed the game of basketball forever based on his shot distribution and how this will only continue to trend upward. It turned into a "Playoff success" argument in less than a page.

That tweet pretty much encapsulates the drastic shift in scoring methodology and what's consisted a "Quality shot" but I digress.

This is odd because a lot of these equations are developed by statisticians who study spreadsheets & synergy clips for a few years out of college & think they have more knowledge on the game then guys who played & coached the game for 30+ years :rofl:

This is odd because a lot of these equations are developed by statisticians who study spreadsheets & synergy clips for a few years out of college & think they have more knowledge on the game then guys who played & coached the game for 30+ years :rofl:
Do you honestly think that these things are being created without people who are basketball savvy? Further even if you were right, why would the basketball savvy people turn around and use them if they deemed them worthless?

I’m pretty sure super cuts hires students only so you’re basically their giunee pig to learn

I remember I was dating this girl back in ‘11 or so. One day she tells me her friend is a barber and I should go to him. The dude went to HS with me so I hit him up one day asked for his shop’s address. I pull up and it’s a barber school place. Idk why I didn’t turn around right then and there. He gave me a ****ed up fade, a circular lineup on the back, and ****ed up my hair line. Charger me $3 or something.

I was so hot and he knew it too. 8 years later and he got his own shop and he’s good now but I still talk **** to him about that :lol:

Narratives are powerful. Smarter choices are what’s important. Can’t let just anyone take midrange but those who are capable are still indulging

You still have to be a 3 level scorer to be a great scorer in the league, unless you take an inordinate amount of 3's like Harden or Curry.

But KD, Dame, Kyrie, CP3, Kawhi, brad beal, kemba, D Book...I mean almost all of the great scorers in the league use the midrange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom