**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are portland, do you just wait it out with the warriors dynasty? dame and cj are 28 and 27 and in their prime years
only way they are improving is through the draft and most likely picking in the late rds. they need to hit a homerun and find their own dray
kD to portland

Thank god!!

I just read an article by Fatwhorst about how bLazers have choices to make and what direction bLazers may be going in etc. I could just envision the sea if fake news outlets creating false trade rumors involving the lakers and people on NT debating it tirelessly to no avail.

Dame :pimp:

Portland has 40mil worth of expiring contracts going into next season (Leonard, Harkless, Turner) to play with.

Portland's chance to really go after it gotta be after next year when they can rid themselves of the 2014 debacle

IMG_20190521_091446.jpg

56 million at age 35?!

If I were Portland, I would try to flip Nurkic for a wing of some sort and then try to turn the expirings into Kevin Love.

They aren’t going to be able to improve drastically through the draft, and I’m not sure they are going to be able to get a big time FA to come to Portland. Making smart trades seems like the most feasible way to get better.

I miss the days of max nba salaries being 4-5 years 100-125 million 15-25 per year etc

When Patrick Ewing got 4 years 68 million, people were shocked (summer 1996).

Jordan getting 30 million (96-97 and 97-98) wasn’t too much of a shock outside of Jerry Reinsdorf (Bulls Chairman) sincs he was underpaid and made the nba a ton of money during his time.

I’m sorry but 56 million a year for one player is ridiculous.

And for those that say well the overall money is up, ok cool, but what job you know has the employees making more than the boss/owners?

I miss the days of max nba salaries being 4-5 years 100-125 million 15-25 per year etc

Jordan getting 30 million (96-97 and 97-98) wasn’t too much of a shock outside of Jerry Reinsdorf (Bulls Chairman) sincs he was underpaid and made the nba a ton of money during his time.

And for those that say well the overall money is up, ok cool, but what job you know has the employees making more than the boss/owners?

You think NBA players make more than the owners?

tenor.gif

You think NBA players make more than the owners?

tenor.gif

No. I’ll save your gif for a later day.

I’m saying for the people who say that the overall money aka the BRI (Basketball related income), revenue etc has gone up, which is why players salaries have gone up, that’s cool.

However, What job you know has the employees making more if not almost as much as the boss?

I feel that 40-50 million for one player as a yearly salary is silly.

If I were Portland, I would try to flip Nurkic for a wing of some sort and then try to turn the expirings into Kevin Love.

They aren’t going to be able to improve drastically through the draft, and I’m not sure they are going to be able to get a big time FA to come to Portland. Making smart trades seems like the most feasible way to get better.
Aaron Gordon make so much sense on that team but idk if Orlando would do it

*RussellWestbrook.Gif*

The players get paid a percentage of the profits. Im pretty sure it’s a near 50/50 split. The salary cap is just 50% of the total revenue. Nba makes more money means the players get paid more.

Where do you think the other 50% revenue goes? :lol:
Front office guys make peanuts. That’s a lot of money to the owners.

Edit: I’m confused, why do YOU want the owners to make more than the players? If you ask me it should be the other way around. Nobody paying to see owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom