**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: he was 20 years old the last time he played at the end of a season.
Let's be honest. These guys weren't watching the Knicks. They're just throwing out random takes they hope will stick and won't make them look too stupid once they get called on it.

Porzingis' defense and mobility as a rim protector is one of the best assets he has if he's healthy.

He’s a borderline elite defensive big if he’s healthy. And Luka’s not a bad defender either.

Dudes talking about they’ll hemorrhage points just because they’re white Euros. :lol: :smh:

Let's be honest. These guys weren't watching the Knicks. They're just throwing out random takes they hope will stick and won't make them look too stupid once they get called on it.

Porzingis' defense and mobility as a rim protector is one of the best assets he has if he's healthy.

I'm keep it buck, I felt the same way until we traded for him and I did the league pass research.

I Like Kemba but my rankings as far as the guards go are

Kyrie (this can change depending on just how much D'Lo wants)
D'Lo
Kemba

The more thought i give it the more i really am unsure of Kemba getting a max. He's 30, undersized & plays no defense. With that said he could still be a very beneficial player but i have worries about this contract after two seasons.

If we open up the full max slot even if we sign D'Lo to a full max that gives us another 5 mill to work with. In this market some good role players can be got for that price.

Reactions: MVP
we gonna ignore the fact that curry gonna win his 3rd mvp next season :pimp:

If Dallas Maxes Out Porzingus i would hope that they don't go and add another Max player like Kemba/Horford... those are guys that contenders get max value out of not rebuilding teams trying to make the playoffs.

I'm of the thought that young teams can't continue to try & collect "assets" forever & must eventually try to win... I just think that can be done W/O cash strapping your team this early in the rebuild.

klay about to sign a 5 year 190mil contract with gsw. gsw about to regret that

Yeah. Actually more then 10 million. Math. Do it. Their respective maxes so the highest amount they could get paid.

Russell will be eligible for a contract as high as $27.3 million in the first season.

The Super Max contract Irving is eligible for is worth 35% of the team salary cap, with 8% yearly kickers. Irving would stand to make $38.15 million in the first year of his contract
Even if Kyrie could get the super max deal with the Lakers (which he can’t)

The Lakers wouldn’t have money to pay it

They only have 27 (if AD opts out of the trade kicker)

The Lakers can have as little as $24 million in cap space if their trade with the Pelicans for Anthony Davis becomes official on July 6 and Davis also maintains his $4 million trade kicker.

The Lakers, however, can also have as much as $32 million if Davis waives the kicker and the Lakers somehow discover how to shed their payroll in the form of the timely departures of Moritz Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones. That would put them close to the $32.7

Last edited:
You ain't building for retirement, you're building for championships. LeBron and Rich Paul run the team and they damn sure aren't building for retirement either.

Kemba's a better fit for the next 2 years. Exactly what you need.

Well seeing as they don't have anything around AD currently when Bron retires since they gave away all their future picks, it'd be prudent to at least try and extend the contender window beyond 2 seasons.

You can do your job WITHOUT saying you wouldn't pay someone or whether they deserve a certain amount of money.

Just tired of these old heads always talking slick about fhe newer generation
I understand where you’re coming from

However the playoffs are over, free agency is next week.

They’re talking heads, they need something to talk about

If Dallas Maxes Out Porzingus i would hope that they don't go and add another Max player like Kemba/Horford... those are guys that contenders get max value out of not rebuilding teams trying to make the playoffs.

I'm of the thought that young teams can't continue to try & collect "assets" forever & must eventually try to win... I just think that can be done W/O cash strapping your team this early in the rebuild.
Dallas isn't a smart team when it comes to FA, they consistently make bad signings and throw money around thoughtlessly.

Well seeing as they don't have anything around AD currently when Bron retires since they gave away all their future picks, it'd be prudent to at least try and extend the contender window beyond 2 seasons.
I doubt they see it like that. When has LeBron's history shown he thinks like that? You know how he left the Cavs, Heat, etc. Window is now and the future will be mortgaged for the present. It's probably worth it considering the window to win a chip.

Dallas isn't a smart team when it comes to FA, they consistently make bad signings.

I doubt they see it like that. When has LeBron's history shown he thinks like that? You know how he left the Cavs, Heat, etc. Window is now and the future will be mortgaged for the present. It's probably worth it considering the window to win a chip.

I think they ara thinking exactly like that seeing a D'Lo is apparently their top target and Kemba is off the radar for the Lakers. The window is really next year while KD is out, D'Lo is more than adequate as a 3rd option and is likely going to be a lot cheaper than Kemba. Lebron can want who he wants, they already mortgaged the future for his present in getting AD, getting D'Lo would somewhat cover themselves on the back end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom