**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed people prefer three dribbles nowadays but was curious if anyone did two. Some of my old teammates and I will do it when we link up. After my freshman year, I thought I was gonna be playing with kids my age (I was 13) and my pops signed me up with the 17U team and at the end of every practice it was two dribble King of The Court, free throws and sprints if we were trash.

I can’t lie, even though I was the youngest dude on the team and getting limited minutes or minutes due to absences/blowouts, the practices with that two dribble 1v1 advanced my game so much. Even though I certainly understand the advantage of the extra dribble, it forced me to be sooo much more careful with how I used my dribbles, even when I took more than two, in understanding how to get to my spots as well as shot selection efficiently and effectively. Before that I wasn’t on my hot sauce **** but I definitely took unnecessary dribbles in retrospect.
sometimes I do two if we start from the mid-range area. but if it's from the 3 point line then i've always done 3 dribbles

def makes you more efficient with the dribbles and works on your triple threat a lot

09 and 10 team one of the best ever. Dawg that was my family. Miss that whole squad. Even the bench warmers. And they neglected my dude bynum from the pic.

I got 09 and 10 team over whatever they build with Laundry Bron

09 Lakers with young Ariza > 10 Lakers

I really think that finals vs Cs wont go to game 7 if Ariza was still on that team

It was more entertaining tho with Artest
That ‘09 team was SPECIAL. I watched every damn game live except for 1 that I watched later at night from a recording.

Ariza > Artest to this day. I was extra salty when they traded him for Ron.

GOAT championship parade, too. They ended it at the memorial coliseum and had a replica of the Staples Center court built for when the champs arrived to post up on and celebrate their victory with the fans. :pimp:

I got sunburned to a tomato because of where I was seated but it was worth it. :pimp:

****** just weird.

Yo - I re-read the Saturday Ayo Fest in here and was in shock. It wasn’t so much what people admitting they would or wouldn’t do but we in one of the hottest free agency periods of all-times and ****** is talking about butt stuff, kissing and their price.

49607B81-9138-46B0-8BB6-C9A56AE1235C.gif

sometimes I do two if we start from the mid-range area. but if it's from the 3 point line then i've always done 3 dribbles

def makes you more efficient with the dribbles and works on your triple threat a lot

You ain’t neva lied :lol: That was easily one of the best summers I had developmentally because it just changed my mindset. Biggest thing was trying to get to the near the point for a higher percentage (at least closer) shot and my floater became on point. Young DLo :pimp: :lol:

I’m not sure how I would fair in this current era tbh. When I started getting really into hoops, my folks had a decent sized back yard so they got me an NBA sized half-court sportcourt installed in our backyard as a birthday present. I have a feeling I would have focused too much on long 3s rather than more practical things.

Yo - I re-read the Saturday Ayo Fest in here and was in shock. It wasn’t so much what people admitting they would or wouldn’t do but we in one of the hottest free agency periods of all-times and *****s is talking about butt stuff, kissing and their price.

49607B81-9138-46B0-8BB6-C9A56AE1235C.gif
Yeahhhh I had to check out of that nonsense

Last edited:
I always thought the NBA thread was one of the least mes

Yeahhhh I had to check out of that nonsense

The conversation was just so unrealistic. Dudes talmbout doing these acts for $100 Trillion or even $100 Billon weren’t bout that action. Just posting to post. They clearly don’t realize how much money that is.

$100 Million if old billionaire ****ed with you is most reasonable. To put it into perspective, the richest man in the world is world ~$120-150 billion (roughly) depending on how the market sways during that time period.

If im gonna keep it a buck, I am convinced a lot of dudes would carry out these acts for like a $1MM which real talk isn’t a lot of money depending where you live. Gonna drop $100-200K on your crib. Probably gonna waste $200K on whips. At least $100K on furniture. Your *** still gonna have a $2-4K month mortgage if you really tryna ball NT style. You could work with that leftovers but will get tight real quick if you get the 30 year mortgage. Hell eem a 15.

After typing this up, I realized this is a love look at most of the NBA NT Thread after accepting the offer they would realistically receive and accept for the offer for these acts.

9D65DF7D-A2C1-4632-AC4F-55BFCC141912.jpeg

That ‘09 team was SPECIAL. I watched every damn game live except for 1 that I watched later at night from a recording.

Ariza > Artest to this day. I was extra salty when they traded him for Ron.

GOAT championship parade, too. They ended it at the memorial coliseum and had a replica of the Staples Center court built for when the champs arrived to post up on and celebrate their victory with the fans. :pimp:

I got sunburned to a tomato because of where I was seated but it was worth it. :pimp:

There was no trade :lol:

Ariza left as as a free agent after the 2009 championship run. He was out for the $$$ bag which he got from Houston. It basically came down to him or Odom who was also a free agent that same summer and Phil Jackson told Dr. Buss they needed Odom back more over Ariza. Then Artest came as a free agent.

Came in here to say this. Not to mention has it been confirmed he’s taking his conditioning and diet seriously confirmed? Maybe buc em buc em Moheezy Moheezy cam confirm

C5B141A8-B844-4749-9889-DA7C8D763473.jpeg

He was working with some really good trainer as well at the beginning of the offseason but I can’t find the tweets with those pics in it.

Reminder that this is a guy who just averaged 28-14-4 with 2 blocks while being “out of shape” people would say.

C5B141A8-B844-4749-9889-DA7C8D763473.jpeg

He was working with some really good trainer as well at the beginning of the offseason but I can’t find the tweets with those pics in it.

Reminder that this is a guy who just averaged 28-14-4 with 2 blocks while being “out of shape” people would say.

While not playing in as many games as he could have and running out of gas in the 4th and the playoffs. Not discrediting him at all but despite those superstar numbers, I know he could be better overall as a player.

It is easIER to stay in shape during the off-season. The issue happens during the regular season when you don't have a consistent routine, eating habits, and are probably consuming all that damn gatorade during the game.

NBA Players don't get credit for staying in shape when they have 16 free hours during the day. So them posting, "Look, I am in shape when I have nothing else to do but workout" means nothing.

CHeck in with Joel on January 23.

That isn't even a knock on HIM, so please don't take IT to heart.

It is easIER to stay in shape during the off-season. The issue happens during the regular season when you don't have a consistent routine, eating habits, and are probably consuming all that damn gatorade during the game.

NBA Players don't get credit for staying in shape when they have 16 free hours during the day. So them posting, "Look, I am in shape when I have nothing else to do but workout" means nothing.

CHeck in with Joel on January 23.

That isn't even a knock on HIM, so please don't take IT to heart.

I’m just generally concerned about Joel, specifically, when it comes to in-season eating and partying. He has some questionable DNP reasons :lol:

While not playing in as many games as he could have and running out of gas in the 4th and the playoffs. Not discrediting him at all but despite those superstar numbers, I know he could be better overall as a player.

True, that's where I think Al's presence will be really valuable. We can afford to rest Embiid with minimal impact because of Al. I am also very curious to see how Bolden improves in year 2.

I'm surprised people still do this. There has to be a better alternative, or does Gatorade have a partnership agreement with the NBA and are rolling with it?

I believe that Horford could end up being the biggest help to Embiid’s career he’s had so far. His maturity should rub off on Embiid because of the respect he has for him and Horford’s presence will allow him to be well rested more often without effecting our team as much as it had in the past when he was off the court. No longer will it be the corpse of Amir Johnson, corpse of Greg Monroe or an unplayable in a lot of situations Boban coming in for Embiid.

People who talk about Joel’s fitness also forget that he gained that weight/looked fatigued coming off an injury, which is somewhat unavoidable. I think the idea of him not taking it seriously is overblown. Anyways the guy is a super competitor so i imagine he’s heard the noise and it will light a fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom