**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh oh.

But Lakers are still the runaway favorites.

There's no other team in the league that can beat the Lakers.

Lakers will win the throphy.

Oh oh.

But Lakers are still the runaway favorites.

There's no other team in the league that can beat the Lakers.

Lakers will win the throphy.

364D4FD5-9D06-45D2-A75D-A301BEC3DA2D.gif

I know it’s not really comparable because I was 35 and not NBA player, but I was never the same after I popped my Achilles. I rehabbed to the point I could play ball again, but I kept having other things come up like Plantar Fasciitis, etc. Maybe things will be different for Boogie, but it seems to me his body is telling him it doesn’t want to play hoops anymore.

Is it just me or are players suffering ACL/Achilles injuries at a higher rate now?
May be they're just being covered a lot more but every year there's a few All-Star level players who sit out because of those injuries

Definitely seems that way.

Which always makes it that more impressive that Bron has never had a significant injury with all that mileage.

Is it just me or are players suffering ACL/Achilles injuries at a higher rate now?
May be they're just being covered a lot more but every year there's a few All-Star level players who sit out because of those injuries

I’ve said this so many times over the past year or two. Idk if it’s the shoes we’re wearing or what but there’s gotta be a reason why so many people have torn their Achilles in recent years compared to the past. I feel like the softer boost, react, lunar, zoom, etc in newer shoes compared to the more stable shoes of the past may have at least a little to do with it.

I think it's just that players are pushing their bodies to the limits now more than ever

Today's shoes are not as durable as the shoes of the 80s and 90s when entire uppers were made with REAL leather that supported and protected your feet for the rigors of movement, not the gimmicky flimsy materials they're made with today (aka 'plastic')

I think it's just that players are pushing their bodies to the limits now more than ever

games have a lot more possessions. way faster pace. a lot more wear and tear on the bodies.

Nah...this isn’t just in pro sports. This goes for even high school, college, recreation, whatever. I’ve seen Achilles tears across the board at a ridiculous rate over the past few years.

these kids play year round at an early age
body only has so many miles before they break down

Bro kids have played sports year round since forever :lol: that’s not an excuse either

That’s true, but I think one difference may be that kids tend to focus on a single sport much earlier than they used to. When I was younger, it was pretty common for the kids that were good athletes to play 2 or 3 different sports all the way into high school. Since there’s different movements involved in different sports, the wear and tear is more spread out, even though you might be playing all year round.

I can’t remember who it was, but I heard at one person say there could be a correlation between the increase in sports injuries and the fact kids are sticking to a single sport earlier than they used to. Theory could be completely off base, but I thought it was interesting.

That’s true, but I think one difference may be that kids tend to focus on a single sport much earlier than they used to. When I was younger, it was pretty common for the kids that were good athletes to play 2 or 3 different sports all the way into high school. Since there’s different movements involved in different sports, the wear and tear is more spread out, even though you might be playing all year round.

I can’t remember who it was, but I heard at one person say there could be a correlation between the increase in sports injuries and the fact kids are sticking to a single sport earlier than they used to. Theory could be completely off base, but I thought it was interesting.

Meh idk about that theory. If anything switching back and forth between movements and getting your muscle memory back in each sport would seem to cause more injuries, not less.

Players run and jump more with how the game is played now

I mean....maybe if you’re talking about the 1970’s or some ****

But as I said I’m not just taking about just pros. Even recreationally, high school and college Achilles injuries are up waaaay high across the board over the past few years. This even goes for football players too not only basketball.

I mean....maybe if you’re talking about the 1970’s or some ****

But as I said I’m not just taking about just pros. Even recreationally, high school and college Achilles injuries are up waaaay high across the board over the past few years. This even goes for football players too not only basketball.
IIRC
Espn ran a study that players on average today cover more ground per game. More cuts more off ball movements more defensive rotations

Studies show you're actually less likely to get injured playing multiple sports. So, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom