**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They needed all 58 points from him to win that game. It would be different if they were up 35 with a full quarter left and he’s still launching 3s.

Again, you like others in here are speaking from the result of the game, so you're right they DID need all of his scoring to GET BACK into that game, but in the last 2:20 of actual game time, he took 2 ill-advised shots, while CP3 scored the remaining points for them to actually WIN the game.

What difference does it make if they're up by 35 or up 3, bad play is bad play, selfishness is selfishness. You even said it, he has come out and said he doesn't want to play that way, but lo and behold here he was in a close game chasing a statistic and being the singular option on offense. So which is it?

Again, you like others in here are speaking from the result of the game, so you're right they DID need all of his scoring to GET BACK into that game, but in the last 2:20 of actual game time, he took 2 ill-advised shots, while CP3 scored the remaining points for them to actually WIN the game.

What difference does it make if they're up by 35 or up 3, bad play is bad play, selfishness is selfishness. You even said it, he has come out and said he doesn't want to play that way, but lo and behold here he was in a close game chasing a statistic and being the singular option on offense. So which is it?

I’m speaking from watching multiple 50+ point games of his, including last year. It’s dumb as hell to ask would difference does it make. The game was close cause he had to put them on his back, along with some guys (in this case, Rivers and Clark) finally deciding to step up. Remember that 60pt triple double last year? They needed every single point, board, and assist to get that win (Paul was out that game too I think). And what statistic was he chasing? That streak is over and he already multiple 50+ point games. You’re pretty much all over the place here, and I look forward to you being all over the place responding to this as well.

I’m speaking from watching multiple 50+ point games of his, including last year. It’s dumb as hell to ask would difference does it make. The game was close cause he had to put them on his back, along with some guys (in this case, Rivers and Clark) finally deciding to step up. Remember that 60pt triple double last year? They needed every single point, board, and assist to get that win (Paul was out that game too I think). And what statistic was he chasing? That streak is over and he already multiple 50+ point games. You’re pretty much all over the place here, and I look forward to you being all over the place responding to this as well.

The Heat did not capitalise on the situation, but by no means did the Rockets want 2 airball 3PT shots from Harden in the last 2 minutes of play. If you can justify that as good offense then I'll be all ears for that rationale. But again, because they won you are trying to use that as justification to drive your point.

You also then try to compare this game to another game FROM LAST YEAR like they're the same thing and you are claiming i'm the one who's all over the place. I can see your biased won't let you just admit it for what it is, which is my only point about how he played tonight, which is that he was a huge factor in how they won the game but could have just as easily been the reason they lost the game, and in doing so would have done it chasing a stat.

Okc going 1-9 and will end up at the 5 when it’s all said and done.

That's being generous. Utah, Houston and Portland will pass them up. Wouldn't count the Spurs out either. So, at best, they're looking at a 6th seed but will probably end up in 7th.

That's being generous. Utah, Houston and Portland will pass them up. Wouldn't count the Spurs out either. So, at best, they're looking at a 6th seed but will probably end up in 7th.
Ehhh........ yeah, I can see that. Okc is the team everyone wants to play in the playoffs.

Curry with no Durant tonight - 12/33 33 points
Y’all not gone speak on this ?

you're going to pick on steph's bad shooting nights like they're not anomalies compared against his body of work throughout the season? he's still shooting 48% from the field and 44% from 3. yes, he's been in a "relative" slump as of late but we've seen both him and klay shoot themselves out of it. meanwhile harden's last 5 games prior tonite look like this:

10-29 (1-11 from 3)
7-21 (0-10)
11-24 (2-10)
15-34 (8-22)
9-23 (6-17)

but let's not speak on that.

chickennuggets-wide-290cf617c0504d91611478afd36223ca5ebbdffe-s1600-c85-1529508639.jpg

you're going to pick on steph's bad shooting nights like they're not anomalies compared against his body of work throughout the season? he's still shooting 48% from the field and 44% from 3. yes, he's been in a "relative" slump as of late but we've seen both him and klay shoot themselves out of it. meanwhile harden's last 5 games prior tonite look like this:

10-29 (1-11 from 3)
7-21 (0-10)
11-24 (2-10)
15-34 (8-22)
9-23 (6-17)

but let's not speak on that.

Literally everyone HAS been speaking on it :rofl:

The Heat did not capitalise on the situation, but by no means did the Rockets want 2 airball 3PT shots from Harden in the last 2 minutes of play. If you can justify that as good offense then I'll be all ears for that rationale. But again, because they won you are trying to use that as justification to drive your point.

You also then try to compare this game to another game FROM LAST YEAR like they're the same thing and you are claiming i'm the one who's all over the place. I can see your biased won't let you just admit it for what it is, which is my only point about how he played tonight, which is that he was a huge factor in how they won the game but could have just as easily been the reason they lost the game, and in doing so would have done it chasing a stat.

I mentioned that he’s had multiple 50+ point games both this year and last year where literally every point was needed to win. I’m not sure why that’s so hard to comprehend, and at this point, I’m not even sure what the argument is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom