Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Why does this thread hate players who can score so much? Lmao

Kemba is averaging more assists than Kyrie btw.
These dudes are in love with names.. Only smaller scoring PG allowed to wear a Knicks uniform is Kyrie even with his injury history. Want to complain about age meanwhile Kemba has never been hurt in his career and his game is not predicated on athleticism meanwhile he's just getting better while playing with average talent at best. Remember when dudes didn't want to give up Shumpert for Kyle Lowry? :rofl:

Why does this thread hate players who can score so much? Lmao

Kemba is averaging more assists than Kyrie btw.
I don't get your obession with it especially @ the pg position. This ain't a random NYC street game or even Rucker.

I would think you got your fill when Marbury was here.

Pass first pgs with #1 option wings is the way to go.

Y'all still stuck on Stephon? How long ago was that? :rofl:

Do you even watch the NBA these days?

What team has been successful with a pass first PG since Jordan and Phil retired?

Pass first PG with wings? WTH? :wow: :rofl:What version of the NBA is this? That hasn't worked since Fisher and Kobe. You need a top 10/15 player ALL TIME on your team (Kobe, Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq) to win a chip without a dynamic PG that can put numbers up.

Even Tony Parker was a scoring PG that carried the offensive load. Steph, Harden, Kyrie, Bron, Rozier, Lillard, Westbrook, Jamal Murray, Lowry, Wall etc etc they are all scorers from the PG position and their teams have been the most successful in the modern NBA.

Who is even a "pass first" PG right now? If you can't score at the PG position in this league, you're finished.

That's the worst take I've seen in this thread thus far. You on your Larry Brown time. This ain't 1994.

Last edited:
I don't get your obession with it especially @ the pg position. This ain't a random NYC street game or even Rucker.

I would think you got your fill when Marbury was here.

Pass first pgs with #1 option wings is the way to go.

For the last 6 years or so this isn't the case at all

I seriously want to know who are these great mythical "pass first" PGs he's talking about....

Almost every good team in the NBA has a PG that's a potent scorer. Almost every starting PG in the modern NBA is a potent scorer. The days of the Derek Harper's, Chris Childs/Charlie Ward's and Avery Johnson's are LONG GONE.

Last edited:
i wouldnt want kemba on a longer term deal paying him the max. he would make us a lot better rn though ofc

team need better passers/playmakers badly

hopefully hardaway keeps putting up numbers so we can trade him easily. though i dont think we can afford both kd and kemba either way

if we dont have a top 3 pick for the duke guys u gotta look at a pg. darius garland and ja morant are the 2 ive seen a little bit of that could be helpful

We have a Pass 1st point guard and his name is Frank. When the ball is in his hands it’s like a hot potato, sometimes he doesn’t even wait for a play to materialize before he passes, sometimes he even passes as soon as he crosses half court.

We don’t need Kemba. He’s better off as the final piece to a team in need of one. We still have a way to go, rather someone that could grow with our pre existing group.

Can we trade Frank, Knox, and Dotson for Lillard in the offseason? Because I rather take Dame than any PG available this or next year in FA.

I seriously want to know who are these great mythical "pass first" PGs he's talking about....

Almost every good team in the NBA has a PG that's a potent scorer. Almost every starting PG in the modern NBA is a potent scorer. The days of the Derek Harper's, Chris Childs/Charlie Ward's and Avery Johnson's are LONG GONE.
Thinking back to the last championships..

Curry a dual threat pg.. Curry at heart is pass first like Nash and Kidd.. He just scores so much more fluid than either of them that it doesn’t seem that way.. Think of let’s say John Stockton with the ultimate green lite

Then there’s Kyrie. Lebron on was the pg if that team.. another duel threat that’s so efficient at scoring that you don’t call him a pass first pg

Before that .. the Heatles.. Again Lebron..
Let’s see before that.. There were the Spurs, umm Dallas.. um

Lakers Kobe and Pau took care of the pg duties

So what it breaks down too if is your pg isn’t pass first, then either player shares the playmaking duties or you have a system built on everyone moving the ball see Spurs

Who’s passing the rock with Kemba as another primary scorer... Honestly I like Kemba but you gotta build the team differently with him as your Pg plus is he willing to only take 20mil when he can get almost twice that amount

Fiz cant draw a play and even his defensive schemes are wild ***. But lets blame the personell for not being able to get a stop.

These blowouts in the first quarter fall on Fiz man

No excuse for that

This defense he has them on is atrocious

I’m don’t feel any type of way for the Knicks not selecting him but man I’d love to have Shai Gilgeous-Alexander right now

For the last 6 years or so this isn't the case at all
I know you ain't referring to Golden State and then all of the other teams/players that try to copy that and failed.

For the past 6 years it has LITERALLY been a LeBron led team, Golden State who have changed the game, and the Spurs.

You telling me Mario Chalmers is a dynamic pg?

**** outta here with that craziness. And if you wanna give Kyrie props fine but they had to come back from 3-1.
Y'all still stuck on Stephon? How long ago was that? :rofl:

Do you even watch the NBA these days?

What team has been successful with a pass first PG since Jordan and Phil retired?
Spurs

Pass first PG with wings? WTH? :wow: :rofl:What version of the NBA is this? That hasn't worked since Fisher and Kobe. You need a top 10/15 player ALL TIME on your team (Kobe, Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq) to win a chip without a dynamic PG that can put numbers up.

Even Tony Parker was a scoring PG that carried the offensive load. Steph, Harden, Kyrie, Bron, Rozier, Lillard, Westbrook, Jamal Murray, Lowry, Wall etc etc they are all scorers from the PG position and their teams have been the most successful in the modern NBA.

Who is even a "pass first" PG right now? If you can't score at the PG position in this league, you're finished.
Pass first pg does not mean the pg can't score.

Chris Paul proves this.

Last edited:
I know you ain't referring to Golden State and then all of the other teams/players that try to copy that and failed.

For the past 6 years it has LITERALLY been a LeBron led team, Golden State who have changed the game, and the Spurs.

You telling me Mario Chalmers is a dynamic pg?

**** outta here with that craziness. And if you wanna give Kyrie props fine but they had to come back from 3-1.

Spurs

Pass first pg does not mean the oh can't score.

Chris Paul proves this.
Why are you changing the narrative :lol:

Mario Chalmers is not a pass first PG nor is Kyrie nor is Steph nor is Tony Parker

It's ok to be wrong champ

Back
Top Bottom