Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

I actually agree with HTTB

Any of you remember when we traded Marcus Camby and Our pick (who happened to be Nene Hilario) for McDyess? Scared of something like that happening lol...knowing our luck

Different circumstances, yeah...I wouldn’t be against trading for A.D. but for once I would like to see our prospects develop.

Every time AD is mentioned McDyess’ injury replays in my head. Mans couldn’t even make it out the preseason :smh:

The only thing I’m saying though is if KD signs a 4yr contract here you can’t let it go to waste on developing a bunch of young cats. You have to go for it. Otherwise we shouldn’t even entertain signing KD and just use our cap space to absorb expirings with draft picks attached like Philly was doing.

The only thing I’m saying though is if KD signs a 4yr contract here you can’t let it go to waste on developing a bunch of young cats. You have to go for it. Otherwise we shouldn’t even entertain signing KD and just use our cap space to absorb expirings with draft picks attached like Philly was doing.

That's basically my thoughts on this summer.

You can't sign Durant/Kyrie while also waiting for 19 year old kids to develop.

I get what you’re saying but I’m not banking on either of those dudes coming here. I’ll believe it on opening night :lol:

You can't sign Durant/Kyrie while also waiting for 19 year old kids to develop.

You can though. We dont have to wait for them to develop, the game will get easier for them.

KD, Kyrie
Mitch, Dot, Knox, DSJ, Frank, Trier
That leaves 7 open roster spots for veteran players.

This is all if AD is traded to another team.

It's kind of a similar situation to Boston the last couple years. They essentially built a team of veterans & a team of young kids. The two finally clashed last season.

I'm 100% on board with building through the draft if we miss on the big guys but I'd rather not rely on 19 year old Kevin Knox during a playoff run.

Boston is a good example, I just dont think Fiz would lose control of the team like Brad did. It's the one thing he's good at.

I'd be cool holding off on AD as well for reasons others stated.. Plus i really believe KD is staying with golden state.

& i dont get how some of yall are talking bout how our young guys are scrubs/low ceiling but yet the pelicans should be clamoring to make a deal with us :lol: kinda backwards (unless u want to include picks which would make an AD trade even worse)

That won't happen until after FA and we know what we're working with for next season. Right it's fantasy basketball and what ifs. I am a little disappointed to find out RJ Barrett is a Canadian Frank Nitty tho. Thought he was a baller smh..

Jamal Murray is Canadian btw

It’s pretty simple...

No KD, no AD trade and we continue to rebuild.

KD says he’ll sign, trade our #3 pick, Mavs pick, and 2 players not named Mitchell Robinson. That’s more than enough for a player that said he’s not resigning with the Pels and is going to be a FA next season. Or Pels get scrub *** Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, and Jarrett Culver. LA can only offer this years pick, bc you can’t trade consecutive.

OOF WELP **** US GUYS. NO KYRIE FOR NYK LOL.

EDIT: False alarm fellas. Someone hacked Donovan Mitchell's PSN, changed it to resemble kyrie's gamertag, and put on lakers gear along with a beard, glasses, and a hat to hide the face scan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom