Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Had a dream last night that Melo signed with Brooklyn :smh:

Was all sad when I woke up but then realized it wasn’t real :lol:

No it’s not because there’s such a thing as a ceiling and what a player has shown us so far. I don’t mind being patient with PG prospects but I don’t think DSJ has shown any attributes that show he has a high ceiling worth investing in.
What are you looking for??? As if Frank is oozing with potential... Dude put up 30 and 10 in his first game as a knick. What more do you need to see??!

What are you looking for??? As if Frank is oozing with potential... Dude put up 30 and 10 in his first game as a knick. What more do you need to see??!

That’s what I’m saying. If DSJR really does improve his shot, what are y’all gonna complain about next? He’s not 6’5”? Frank has a career high of 17. Dude doesn’t even like having the ball in his hands and won’t even play in SL. At least DSJR cares and he even went to Vegas to be with the team and workout with CP. frank doesn’t even care if he’s good.

I dunno why you brought up the Frank comparison because I didn’t. I don’t really have much faith in Frank at this point. Since you did let me draw a comparison. Here are the issues with DSJ: PGs in the modern nba need to be good shooters, smart playmakers, and good defenders. DSJ is a bad shooter, a bad b-ball IQ/playmaker and a terrible defender. Frank is a bad shooter a bad offensive IQ and a very good defender.

So we think Frank is worth giving up on and I mostly agree because being good at one of those things doesn’t make you an nba rotation player. DSJ is literally bad at all three. Why invest in him? Because he can dunk? Reminds me of a homeless man’s Steve Francis.

I'm down to see what DSJ can do in his 3rd season. I didn't get to see him much in Dallas and his sample size was small here in NYC but he wasn't horrible. If he was I couldn't tell because of the horrible situation he got traded into :lol:

I didn’t know there was this many ppl opposed to DSJR.

Up to this point, DSJR has better stats than Frank in EVERYTHING, except free throw percentage at 68% vs. 73%.

He was playing for Carlise who then favored Doncic. DSJR does need to improve his shot but he also deserve a chance.

Last edited:
Naw the issue with Reggie is that he thought he was better than everyone else and wanted his own team. DSJR hasn’t indicated anything of the sort.

DSJ randomly left Dallas in the middle of last season party because of his role with Doncic lol

will be interesting to see what happens since RJ should have the ball a lot

DSJ randomly left Dallas in the middle of last season party because of his role with Doncic lol

will be interesting to see what happens since RJ should have the ball a lot

They stopped giving a **** about him once Luka started rolling and he was being openly shopped

Didn’t know that, but I am aware that Dallas pretty much dropped him after Doncic emerged. I’d be pretty salty too if I had just made all rookie 2nd team and then got pushed aside like that. Either way, him and Reggie aren’t the same. This dude thought he was better than Russ.

Didn’t know that, but I am aware that Dallas pretty much dropped him after Doncic emerged. I’d be pretty salty too if I had just made all rookie 2nd team and then got pushed aside like that. Either way, him and Reggie aren’t the same. This dude thought he was better than Russ.
Funny part is that year 2 before getting traded he had improved % wise accrosed the board.

Year 2 Russ was terrible.

DSJ just needs a shot and he will be good. That was the only thing holding him back last year from what I remember seeing. Just his third year so he should make the jump if he about it. His defense should improve year to year too.

Back
Top Bottom