Official 2019 NYK offseason thread. Brooklyn knick fans check in

Bleacher Report NBA (@BR_NBA) Tweeted:
“Old-school Knicks. Protect The Garden. My biggest thing is no one’s coming in there and disrespecting us.”

Marcus Morris bringing old-school NY identity back? ?

(via @kylemaggio)

Old school Knicks talk triggers me. How about hit some damn 3 pointers is that old school? It’s 2019 idc how tough you are. Steph and Klay ain’t talking about old school

Listen if our identity is our defense then I’m all for it. Just have a damn identity.

GS was known to light you up from anywhere. So they didn’t really have to be “old school”

I fully expect us to lead the league in techs, and have at least one semi brawl, if not I’ll be disappointed.

I'm down for a team taking pride in defense but what does nobody gonna disrespect the Knicks mean? 65 losses by 2 ain't really better than 65 losses by 10 in the grand scheme of things. In any event, 20 days until the lip service ends and we start watching ball again. :emoji_clap::emoji_basketball: Let's go NY

Last edited:
EF-5LDeXUAActEP

I don’t mind taking pride in defense. I more meant that the old school Knicks were winning games in the 80ppg, that doesn’t fly anymore. We can’t keep talking about bringing that style back. It’s ancient history like peach baskets.

that's one thing I hope for in this team is defense... all the guys they picked up seem like solid defenders but we'll see once the season starts...

If Fiz can get 30-35 wins he should keep his job. Too many vets for a 20 win season. Teams who win in the 20 range are either full of D leaguers or lack vets.

My expectation for this team remains at about a 34 win ceiling but no less than 28

If we don't have AT LEAST 15 wins by the all star break then Fiz gotta go

We sounding real realistic right now. That's what I like to see.

I'm thinking early to mid 30s this year, and I have to see more structure in the offense. I gave him a pass last year with the iso play because the roster was such a hodgepodge of players.

30 wins, maybe a couple more is fizdale is actually a good coach

tbh we have a bunch of good players but they dont really fit well together. all of them want the ball in their hands to chuck up mid-range shots. best passer is probably payton? not good

My biggest concern is the PT of all the dudes on 1 year deals vs the guys we actually wanna develop

I’d imagine all the 1 year dudes wanna show out and get their points so they can get paid next summer and that’s horrendous for the youth and especially RJ

last thing we need is for him to pickup bad habits from dudes tryna get paid

I’ll know exactly how the season is gonna go after the first 10 games

if we start seeing some funky *** lineups from Fiz early on like last year then it’s all ****ed

Back
Top Bottom