Official 2019 OFFSEASON New York Yankees Thread: COLE OR STRAUS

If you want my hot take. Mets will likely not get any better and miss the playoffs. Thor gets traded here in the offseason.

Andujar, Loaisiga, Holder and 3 more prospects.

Thor, Sevey, Tanaka, Paxton, German.

Which brings me to my next point. Yankees may eat a little bit of it, but may open up dealing Happ.

Mets not trading with us unless we offer a deal that embarrasses us.

Seeing what some of those teams were asking us for? Hahahahaha, I'd rather not. None of those guys are even worth just Frazier.

might have to just overpay for gerrit cole in free agency... cant make the same mistake for not getting corbin last offseason

We didn’t want to take Veranders contract just to be under to reset the CAP (could have used him) and took the Astros to the Chip
Didnt go hard after Cole
Lose out on Corbin; Kept Haap only because he was practically undefeated after traded for (BOS destroyed him in PS)
Greinke had No Trade by default (to NYY)
Astros gained, traded for 3 ace pitches in 2.5 years; while we gained none

Mets not trading with us unless we offer a deal that embarrasses us.

Seeing what some of those teams were asking us for? Hahahahaha, I'd rather not. None of those guys are even worth just Frazier.

The reason why I say I think they may deal Thor to us is based on what they were asking for. They wanted guys who are ready today. Andujar would probably be the best MLB ready guy that would be offered for Thor. Holder is a bullpen ready arm. Loaisiga has proven to have some MLB capacity. Either back end or the emergency pitcher.

Throw in Florial, and two more prospects. It’s a great deal for the Mets with a huge haul and a deal where anyone we couldn’t afford to lose.

Mets and Yankees will never trade high caliber players with each other; they’ll trade ailing veterans that need a fresh start like David Justice for Robin Ventura; Ventura was an all star that year but heavily declined after all star game

dont know why they wouldnt trade to each other... its not like they are in the same division or league... they prally dont want to be the butt of the joke since they both play in NY... mets trade thor to us and after that they become garbage and would be the joke of the town... thats the only real reason i can think of them not trading with us...

dont know why they wouldnt trade to each other... its not like they are in the same division or league... they prally dont want to be the butt of the joke since they both play in NY... mets trade thor to us and after that they become garbage and would be the joke of the town... thats the only real reason i can think of them not trading with us...

Mets get killed for being NY's little sister. If they trade a player away and that guy helps the Yankees win, they'll get killed. Only way the Mets are trading with us is if they rob us and they're guaranteed to make us look bad.

Mike is smarter than that, I don't understand why he would say that. Teams wanted to tax us and that was it. Diamondbacks and Mets were charging us something crazy.

If you want my hot take. Mets will likely not get any better and miss the playoffs. Thor gets traded here in the offseason.

Andujar, Loaisiga, Holder and 3 more prospects.

Thor, Sevey, Tanaka, Paxton, German.

Which brings me to my next point. Yankees may eat a little bit of it, but may open up dealing Happ.

Definitely open to moving Happ if we were to find a taker.

Playoff Tanaka is a 1. There’s nothing that says Tanaka will not be who he always is in the playoffs.

30IP 1.50ERA 0.800WHIP

if our pitching staff is healthy we have 3 legit starters with German, Tanaka and severino... not counting cc, Happ or Paxton cuz they are not the future and are pretty trash... hopefully Jordan is the goods whenever he comes back...then pickup Gerrit this free agency coming up

I would feel great if Houston didnt exist....gonna be tough af to beat. Annoying as hell too bc we should have Cole and Verlander but , cashGod!!!!

I’m not mad at Cashman because if you were going to complain about him, we’re 29 games over .500 and 7 Games Up.

And our roster is filled with really good deals or refusing to deal players

Voit. Torres. Didi. Urshela. DJL. Hicks. Not trading Gary when teams asked for him before getting to the Bigs. Not giving up on Judge when he looked eh at best through the minors. Stanton. Tauchman.
German. Holding on to Sevy.
Ottavino. Britton. Both Chapman deals. Not dealing Dellin when he was a failed starter.

Back
Top Bottom