OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

Think we will get an Air Max 95 box, LBJ box, NSW box, or different from all of the above?

If there are only 500 like some suggest (not me) it would be cool that we get something different. Mine should be here Wednesday.

"But there's only 500 pairs!" :lol:

Nobody knows exactly how many pairs were made or if they'll release again, but by judging how fast they sold out, I do believe it's around 500 pairs. People sometimes are able to cop announced SNKRS drops after 1 hour of being on the app. These were gone within 5 mins...They dropped right at 7:00PM when the Cavs tipped off their game @home against the Heat and the kicks being nicknamed "Game Time" makes a lot of sense. I just did an Ebay search, there's 63 pairs on active listings and 43 pairs on completed listings...

Nobody knows exactly how many pairs were made or if they'll release again, but by judging how fast they sold out, I do believe it's around 500 pairs. People sometimes are able to cop announced SNKRS drops after 1 hour of being on the app. These were gone within 5 mins...They dropped right at 7:00PM when the Cavs tipped off their game @home against the Heat and the kicks being nicknamed "Game Time" makes a lot of sense. I just did an Ebay search, there's 63 pairs on active listings and 43 pairs on completed listings...
Nike banked on the exclusivity to sell these... unannounced and putting the word "SNKRS exclusive" made people buy these at 200 without even thinking. Bravo Nike, guarantee most people didn't even really look at what they bought until after they paid for it. 
laugh.gif

Nike banked on the exclusivity to sell these... unannounced and putting the word "SNKRS exclusive" made people buy these at 200 without even thinking. Bravo Nike, guarantee most people didn't even really look at what they bought until after they paid for it. 
laugh.gif
I disagree...Nike would've made money regardless, especially adding the backstory and then announcing an official drop for the kicks. Most AM95 retrail for $200 anyways so it's not like they raised the price or added gimmicks to this model. This is the first ever "SNKRS EXCLUSIVE" and a special Lebron sneaker.

Nike came out of nowhere with them, there's still no info on their exclusivity or actual pics of the kicks, is very unusual to get a drop like this in this day and age where pics or info of limited or exclusive kicks leaks months before they drop, so for all we know they might be a gem and come numbered and in a special box. The people selling them already for $350-$400 might miss out on something special just to get $100+ on a quick flip, so we'll see what happens.

Last edited:
I disagree...Nike would've made money regardless, especially adding the backstory and then announcing an official drop for the kicks. Most AM95 retrail for $200 anyways so it's not like they raised the price or added gimmicks to this model. This is the first ever "SNKRS EXCLUSIVE" and a special Lebron sneaker.
Nike came out of nowhere with them, there's still no info on their exclusivity or actual pics of the kicks, is very unusual to get a drop like this in this day and age where pics or info of limited or exclusive kicks leaks months before they drop, so for all we know they might be a gem and come numbered and in a special box. The people selling them already for $350-$400 might miss out on something special just to get $100+ on a quick flip, so we'll see what happens.

Both the GR neons and QS (limited) Greedys retailed for 170. I know a $30 upcharge is not anything new to Nike, but let's be honest - Nike has learned to play the "exclusive" card and raise hype for any shoes as well as any company out there (Apple is the other obvious choice). Ultimately releasing limited number of exclusive shoes leads to hype, brand recognition (and brand respect in the sneaker game), and ultimately helps sell GRs and regular kicks. It's all marketing.

But as sneaker enthusiasts one of the thrills is getting/wearing limited or GR sneakers that we LIKE or have history with. So Nike ultimately ends up catering to its consumers. And while people (rightfully) get pissed when they don't cop an exclusive release they wanted there are always more releases (and the potential to feel good about coping something you want!).

Last edited:
Stopped reading when he sait most 95s retrail for 200 :lol: ...maybe all the ones you own are interested in were 200 :wink:

Bring back comets already jeez

And lavas while you're at it

90% of the new cws are trash to me

Last edited:
Add shipping plus tax (depending where you live) and it comes out to around $200

Still, the only justification for that $30 dollar raise is hype/exclusivity. Still worth it, but you know...

Also for example the price on my 2010 neons was 145. This years was 170. Inflation between 2010 and 2015 is about 9% (granted this is based on 1 minute of Internet research so don't hold me to this number), and should put the cost of this years neon at about 158.

Gotcha. Just wondering since I tried to search it just now and couldn't find it. I have Air Max notifications up as well.

Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I got it through my iPhone. Got a notification when it was dropped. I don't see how they could differentiate the app since it is the same operating system. Not really sure how the inner workings of that goes though.

So I just checked my app again, and it's there now. Guess it took a while to update...lame.

Still, the only justification for that $30 dollar raise is hype/exclusivity. Still worth it, but you know...

Also for example the price on my 2010 neons was 145. This years was 170. Inflation between 2010 and 2015 is about 9% (granted this is based on 1 minute of Internet research so don't hold me to this number), and should put the cost of this years neon at about 158.
True. Nike/JB are notorious for price hikes. Jordan retros were $150 in 2010, now they're $190 "remastered" That's a 27% increase in price. $145 X 27% = $180.

In the last 5 years Nike/JB has upped their prices around 26% on some models, so it's an average of 6% increase per year.

Back
Top Bottom