OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

Local outlet mall has a finishline went on my lunch and boom!!
20201218_114522.jpg
in and out.
fresh

mind providing the link? might ask my japan homie to scoop if possible haha.
Even in Japan, only the few selected stores such as Atmos, Undefeated-JP or GR8 had em and they are all gone. Seems available over $200 on resell market now.

PS: Checked further and seems like approx. $200 is currently the highest (or I should say BIN) price on the resell market here for the grey....

Last edited:
What anime is on your avy? I used to watch that show in Spanish lol.
His username actually contains the original title of that manga in Japan (“Captain Tsubasa” was originally on weekly publishing comic mag called Shonen Jump and they turned it into animation later). But I don’t think you can become aware about that coz I have heard that the title was completely different when that anime went on air in Spain. Wasn’t it Oliver & Torress or something?

I saw so many kids around the age of 13-16 in 2018 wearing the vapormax plus, especially the triple black. Like how it was in 2015-2016 with NMD's and UB. I rarely see anyone wearing VMP, NMD's or UB's today. Won't novelty always be over within 5 years, even 2 years, for people of that age?
Even if the Vapormax Plus is a hybrid, these kids probably saw this as a new model with that sole. But maybe it won't have the nostalgia appeal to them in 18 years just because it's a hybrid.

IMO there's no chance on earth the Vapormax Plus and other recent Air Max derived lines will be remembered.

For the last couple of years streets here in Europe were flooded with 270s. Everyone and their momas had them. And just as quick as they came, they went away. Furthermore, no one collected CW's nor was it any CW seen as iconic in this pair.

Maybe the Vapormax 1.0 Pure Platinum would eventually have interest in being retroed in decades to come. But any other Nike runner shoe since then? I really struggle to come up with an example.

What other Nike runner was collected like the AM1, BW's (in France it's the biggest Nike runner ever), and those Neons?

Adidas NMD and UB WILL be seen as era defining in years to come because it did had a prolonged impact of multiple years in a growing sneaker game culture. NMD and UB were collected as crazy. All CW's and colabs were valuable.

In this aspect we can attest that Adidas is looking for it's future more than Nike. Or maybe even not. For some reason AJ1's Mid became INSANELY popular in EU youth. Kids 18yo down are now buying all those colorful AJ1 Mids. Specially girls are wearing them as hell.

Older heads might adore an AMX Neon and laugh at a AJ1 mid. But culture flows in mysterious ways.

IMO there's no chance on earth the Vapormax Plus and other recent Air Max derived lines will be remembered.

For the last couple of years streets here in Europe were flooded with 270s. Everyone and their momas had them. And just as quick as they came, they went away. Furthermore, no one collected CW's nor was it any CW seen as iconic in this pair.

Maybe the Vapormax 1.0 Pure Platinum would eventually have interest in being retroed in decades to come. But any other Nike runner shoe since then? I really struggle to come up with an example.

What other Nike runner was collected like the AM1, BW's (in France it's the biggest Nike runner ever), and those Neons?

Adidas NMD and UB WILL be seen as era defining in years to come because it did had a prolonged impact of multiple years in a growing sneaker game culture. NMD and UB were collected as crazy. All CW's and colabs were valuable.

In this aspect we can attest that Adidas is looking for it's future more than Nike. Or maybe even not. For some reason AJ1's Mid became INSANELY popular in EU youth. Kids 18yo down are now buying all those colorful AJ1 Mids. Specially girls are wearing them as hell.

Older heads might adore an AMX Neon and laugh at a AJ1 mid. But culture flows in mysterious ways.

Scholarship level essay

I'm surprised your 03 pair is still in wearble condition... my pair broke down last summer litterally the midsole crumbled

I have been wearing these at least 10 times per year. That’s why I always tell the young fellas it’s important to wear your joints.

I feel your pain though. These crumbled on me last month. Thought I was gonna have to walk home barefoot. Lol.
image.jpg

Scholarship level essay

Age give us perspective in life. Sneakers included.

Things that used to go buy unnoticed suddenly get a new meaning as soon as we are able to relate them with past experiences.

For instance, here's a funny story:

I always wanted a pair of Neon's 95's but as all of us know, we would get whooped just because we dared asking. One day my parents decided to opened a bar in our town. I had to spend the entire summer, holidays, week ends etc. working there while my friends were hanging out with girls and learning how to be a teenage idiot.

I remember this day, in 1997, where we went shopping for some reason and they still had the 95s on the wall as they were still iconic best sellers. I asked my mom if i could get them. She took them in hand, look at them carefully while my heat was throbbing and said: "No. No way. Too expensive and you already have sneakers enough".

Felt like sh*t and got mad at her. I was literally spending all my free time working with them without complaining and i still couldn't get them to buy me this pair of sneakers. By that time it wasn't like we were struggling financially. It was just the way parents were back then.

Turns out, it would be my birthday next month. My mom had memorizes the look of the sneaker and was planing to get them and offer them for my 17th birthday. The day comes, i see the Nike Box and immediately assume she had bought them. Ripped of the wrapping paper, almost crushed the box itself from the excitement and as soon as open the lid i was blessed with that big back bubble of neon green that my mom had kept in her mind so that she was able to remember the pair.

This is me wearing the pair she gave me at the time (sorry for the fit - Back in the day no one paid attention to the Nike vs Adidas ethic):

These were Nike Tailwind II 1997.

I don't need to tell you how emotionally disappointed i felt, standing there in front of a cake, family and friends with a pair of obscure sneakers i didn't cared about. Having to control my tears and hanger wanting to explode from all the pores of my skin like Majin Buu. Still, i was a good son and pretended to be happy. Tried to exchange them but the local shop hadn't more Neons in my size.

Eventually, i learned how to appreciate this pair and, looking back, it is a GREAT LOOKING mashup of 94's, 95's and 97's. I beat them to hell and i would immediately double up if they retroed this version of the Tailwind.

Moral of the story, sneakers are like women. I couldn't get the most beautiful and coveted of them all (neons 95s) but still was able to find love! :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom