OFFICIAL 2020 - 2021 AIR MAX 95 THREAD

I recently got these for a steal on stockx for $160 DS Sz 13

To replace my HOA 95s from 12 years ago
So your 12 year old air max 95s midsole did not crumble? It looks fairly new! 

How often do you wear it during there 12 years? 

Do you stuff a cedar shoetree after use and try to keep the moisture out? (thats what I do now for all polyurethane Nikes)

So your 12 year old air max 95s midsole did not crumble? It looks fairly new! 

How often do you wear it during there 12 years? 

Do you stuff a cedar shoetree after use and try to keep the moisture out? (thats what I do now for all polyurethane Nikes)

Lol! It must be the angle. My HOA 95s are beyond beat. Not to sound any type of way but I've been collecting shoes since 2000, so it's easy to forget about shoes you own that have been sitting in your sneaker closet for so long because I have so many sneakers. I also have the HOA infareds 90s and those are still very wearable also.

I wore my 95s a lot when I use to work at champs back in college when they first came out. After a while they basically sat in my closet for yearzzzz. I keep my shoes in my sneaker closet with no special treatment. I have a huge AF1 collection from 2000-2006 that I keep in those plastic drop down containers. My oldest 95s that I have is the orange gradient ones with the big air bubble and those are in the same condition as my HOAs. I'll post those after work...

And then there was 2..

Lol! It must be the angle. My HOA 95s are beyond beat. Not to sound any type of way but I've been collecting shoes since 2000, so it's easy to forget about shoes you own that have been sitting in your sneaker closet for so long because I have so many sneakers. I also have the HOA infareds 90s and those are still very wearable also.

I wore my 95s a lot when I use to work at champs back in college when they first came out. After a while they basically sat in my closet for yearzzzz. I keep my shoes in my sneaker closet with no special treatment. I have a huge AF1 collection from 2000-2006 that I keep in those plastic drop down containers. My oldest 95s that I have is the orange gradient ones with the big air bubble and those are in the same condition as my HOAs. I'll post those after work...

Sigh, still Polyurethane doesn't last over 10 years....... AM95 Neon Green is the type you spend $160 every decade.

Was trying to look for AM95 Jacquard (phylon midsole) but all designs look terrible

I'm waiting to soleswap my Jordan 5 DFA in 2025..... Jordan 3 CM in 2026..... Jordan 4 PM in 2027

Sigh, still Polyurethane doesn't last over 10 years....... AM95 Neon Green is the type you spend $160 every decade.

Was trying to look for AM95 Jacquard (phylon midsole) but all designs look terrible

I'm waiting to soleswap my Jordan 5 DFA in 2025..... Jordan 3 CM in 2026..... Jordan 4 PM in 2027

It also depends how you store your kicks also. When I say I have a closet for my sneakers, I actually have a walkin closet in my house solely for shoes. Lol!

My house is never humid or hot and I also keep a humidifier in my shoe/sneaker closet. I use to have an issue with all my much older AF1s where the midsole air bubble would completely deflate. In my old place I use to keep them in my enclosed patio but the humidity killed about 7 of my favorite AF1s so I had to switch it up.

I had these since 2004 and they're still very wearable and I had no issues with cracking or deflation of the air units.

Almost 10 years old and worn these maybe 7x. If that much...

It also depends how you store your kicks also. When I say I have a closet for my sneakers, I actually have a walkin closet in my house solely for shoes. Lol!

My house is never humid or hot and I also keep a humidifier in my shoe/sneaker closet. I use to have an issue with all my much older AF1s where the midsole air bubble would completely deflate. In my old place I use to keep them in my enclosed patio but the humidity killed about 7 of my favorite AF1s so I had to switch it up.

I had these since 2004 and they're still very wearable and I had no issues with cracking or deflation of the air units.

Sweet
Hope my polyurethane shoes can outlast 10 years !

dude seem new to sneakers and is just parroting what he's heard from horror stories online I'm thinking

dude seem new to sneakers and is just parroting what he's heard from horror stories online I'm thinking
As a kid I didn't grow up wearing cool shoes. Most of my shoes were $3/pair you buy from street vendor. 

The best I had was $30 Nike Ace'83 , $30 Nike Bruin (soft midsole)

So when I bought my Jordan 2s & 5s, I read these crumbling stories and figured out they would crumble in 10 years.  

Jordan 2-9 all were made out of polyurethane. As well regular model Air Max retros.

I started putting lots of dehumidifiers in my closet. 

Not really parroting just trying to take care my sneakers. Each of them cost me around $100 and that ain't easy money. 

Looking for phylon models too, Air Max 90 ice, Air Max 1 JCRD, Air Jordan 5 take flight........ 

^hey bro no shade intended...

just saying there is no hard and fast rule of thumb that 10yrs is the time frame for when they'll crumble...

as others have said, how you store them, where you live and most importantly how often you wear them all play into the life of any sneaker.

keeping shoes ds for yrs on end is a sure fire way to have them crumble after only a handful of wears.

my rule is if you cop double for down the road purposes make sure you wear the extra pair around the house every few months to allow the midsole to break in rather than get hard and turn to dust on the 2nd wear 3-5yrs later.

Last edited:
Reactions: PJS
Everybody's experience is different, but I still wear my Jordan XVIs from 2001, and many of my Air Max 2003s are still going strong. I haven't had many shoes just disintegrating like that.

If my true size is 12 , going up half is impossible to find 12.5 will a 13 work

From my experience is okay but will be a little bit loose and sloppy.

1 size up even if you tie laces to tightest you can still slide shoes off without untying.

I had a pair 10.5 where I wear Air Jordans 9.5 true to size.

The pics above is why I can't get into air max like that, I cop shoes so I can wear em "forever"

^ when comes to shoes no shoe really last forever just people fail to realize you have to wear yours shoes if you really want them to last

Reactions: PJS
The pics above is why I can't get into air max like that, I cop shoes so I can wear em "forever"
I have 15 yr old Air Max that I wear regularly. No shoe is going to last forever if it sits in a box. AM's are no different than any other shoe in that regard. lol if you expect a pair of Boost to last "forever." 

I have 15 yr old Air Max that I wear regularly. No shoe is going to last forever if it sits in a box. AM's are no different than any other shoe in that regard. lol if you expect a pair of Boost to last "forever." 
I wish people understood this concept more don't matter what shoe or brand the shoe will fall apart regardless if it crumbles,separates , etc just wear them they aren't trophies

I wish people understood this concept more don't matter what shoe or brand the shoe will fall apart regardless if it crumbles,separates , etc just wear them they aren't trophies
The problem is the only shoes that people have or want that are 15+ years old are Nike/Jordan. They see them crumble and think it's a Nike/Jordan thing. It's hilarious to me that people think Adidas shoes will be any different. I feel confident in saying the glue holding the outsole to the boost midsole will give just like Nike's glue. I know kids think Boost has magical powers but it doesn't come with magical glue.

Celebrities with whole shelves of those like DJ Khaled will face the doom day, when they all turn into dust.

Develop the mentality ready to soleswap them whenever they crack. Or buy them when they re- release.

Some models were replaced by phylon. Re glue them (with barge cement?) when they fall off. As far as I know these are phylon
Air Max 90 ice
Air Max 95 JCRD
Air Max 1 ultra
Air Max 90 ultra
Air Max 90 lunarlon
Air Jordan 5 take flight

I believe Jordan 1s is meant to be forever.
But a good colorway (Royal, Bred, Black toe) with material quality (Royal 2017 inconsistency) is a question mark.

I'm in for he next Jordan 1 Royal release. Pay retail only.
I'm also in for the next AM95 neon green release. Not sure if pay retail / eBay / outlet is better option.

Above all comments, just wear them once a while. Re-glue (phylon, Boost) when they fall off. I have 11 pairs for daily rotation.

Last edited:
^ when comes to shoes no shoe really last forever just people fail to realize you have to wear yours shoes if you really want them to last

Shoes like a Jordan 1 last, im not the biggest fan of them but cop for that reason. Air max bubbles scare me :lol:

Shoes like a Jordan 1 last, im not the biggest fan of them but cop for that reason. Air max bubbles scare me :lol:

Air Jordan 1 rubber Above the outsole sew line chips off as well.

Must not DS these. Wear, flex it once a while.

The collar paint chips off as well. When it comes, repaint it.

Pictures taken from eBay, 1985 Chicago 1s for $700

Last edited:
No shoe is "forever." It's comical to even think that. It's not a cast iron skillet. Leather, suede, glue, etc all are going to break down over time.

Holy crap these are clean, do you mind going into detail on how you clean your shoes? of if you have a guide you follow or somehting? recently got my grey woven tongues a bit dirty and want to freshen them up.

Back
Top Bottom