⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
True patriot? Lol.

1620140318865.jpeg

EYE am not a Simmons basher, so that question may be for others.
I know fam. Just quoted you since you brought it up. We can say the same about Rondo and Dray (ironically both guys are players Simmons gets compared too). Are we praising or slandering dudes for focusing on what they’re good at

I know fam. Just quoted you since you brought it up. We can say the same about Rondo and Dray (ironically both guys are players Simmons gets compared too). Are we praising or slandering dudes for focusing on what they’re good at
If you guys had added Lowry to play full-time PG, which would let Simmons play full-time playmaking 4, I don't think anybody would be saying anything negative about him. I fully recognize what he is. His flaws are exacerbated by the roster construction/lack of PG.

The difference is Russ and Dray are playing above what they were expected to be (as far as draft prospects) whereas Ben isn't living up to people's expectations. Russ & Dray overcame obstacles and were underdogs and I don't get that feeling from Ben so people expect more than what he is providing.

I do think if Russ focused at what he excelled at instead of doing everything then his efficiency would go waaaaay up and people would have less critiqueof his game. But he'd probably still want to be the primary ballhandler which would still mean he is making decisions in tight games.

The difference is Russ and Dray are playing above what they were expected to be (as far as draft prospects) whereas Ben isn't living up to people's expectations. Russ & Dray overcame obstacles and were underdogs and I don't get that feeling from Ben so people expect more than what he is providing.

I do think if Russ focused at what he excelled at instead of doing everything then his efficiency would go waaaaay up and people would have less critiqueof his game. But he'd probably still want to be the primary ballhandler which would still mean he is making decisions in tight games.

thats the problem

He dont care about OUR expectations and what WE think of him

He is going out and playing HIS game not the game US fans want him to play and helping the team win

coming out college ppl had him compared to Lebron.. He didnt compare himself fans and the media did and not thats all you care about is him not avg certain amount of points per game

The Nuggets will lose every game where Austin Rivers gets 33 minutes.

He literally just stopped playing instead of going after the ball after THT threw up that garbage.Let THT get the o board to seal the game.

Both Barton & Morris out for a while with hamstrings. Denver is gonna start sliding.

Can Ben Simmons still be a 20ppg scorer one day or has the ship sailed on that and he will just be Rondo XL for his career?

The Nuggets will lose every game where Austin Rivers gets 33 minutes.

He literally just stopped playing instead of going after the ball after THT threw up that garbage.Let THT get the o board to seal the game.

Both Barton & Morris out for a while with hamstrings. Denver is gonna start sliding.

Out of all the possible first-round matchups for the Lakers, the Nuggets would be the easiest (although none of them are easy). The Lakers have bodies to throw at Jokic and the Nuggets don't have anyone who can stop LeBron.

Can Ben Simmons still be a 20ppg scorer one day or has the ship sailed on that and he will just be Rondo XL for his career?

Sailed on this exact sixers team

if he goes else where its possible but the way this current sixers team is set up we dont need him to be a 20ppg guy

A real paradox. Dr. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde stuff.

He's a very good passer, and the best rebounding guard ever. He can't shoot at all, but if he just sticks to what he's actually good at, he can still be really effective. If the Wizards had one more actual piece, he'd be perfect just taking like 12 shots a game. Since they don't though, he ends up taking WAY more shots than he should. at times Sometimes you get 17-30 like we saw against Dallas, other times you get 9-26 like we saw against San Antonio.

What I found to be most interesting is that his shooting splits (and # of attempts) were identical for triple double games vs. non triple double games. It's tricky to confidently make a conclusion about volume but it looks like the Wizards are best when he shoots less than 20 times and gets a triple double. He really is a statistical anomaly :lol: Low Volume Russ (18/14/13 on 43/26/66 splits and 5.5 TOPG) is probably the best version of Russ moving forward. Probably good enough as a 3rd piece on a contending team

Last edited:
It's his gift & curse
I honestly don’t think it’s a gift at all, I think if he could calm down and keep his head straight he’d still be a a great rebounder, playmaker and occasionally driver.

Playing hard !=losing your head, it’s a weird excuse people seem to make for Westbrook. Like it’s cool that his decisionmaking gets awful in key moments, which is the dictionary definition of choking, because he does it in an intense way.

Still a little confused on how not contesting shots/playing defense and stealing rebounds from his big men who are actually boxing out make Westbrook a great rebounding guard? No 2k build either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom