⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cherry picking stats to try to prove a narrative just to show you that you don’t watch the game

Nerds

Long read, but I enjoyed this.

B2333201-BE1D-4E26-AFE9-9DD3DF0707D7.jpeg

Things haven’t changed. Danny always almost gets the good ones.

Jimmy Butler also should have got in over Simmons

Higher PER, higher win shares
0E5F469D-A541-4E38-A30A-3467F8E076AF.jpeg

Jimmy Butler also should have got in over Simmons

Higher PER, higher win shares

you do realize sixers are in 1st and heat are in 5th.. correct ?

normally top seeds get 2 stars in

ALSO everyone continues to not mention SIMMONS WAS STILL COMING OFF A INJURY TO START THE SEASON IN JANUARY, but nah well just sweep that under the rug because its simmons

Ben Simmons averaged 13.4 points, 8.4 assists and 7.8 rebounds in 14 games in January 2021.

Ben Simmons averaged 21.0 points, 7.9 rebounds and 7.8 assists in 10 games last month.

Officer Jim is similiar to Lebron. They are not scorers. They are pass first players who happen to score

Officer Jim is similiar to Lebron. They are not scorers. They are pass first players who happen to score

Can’t agree with you there. Jim is a scorer. He also happens to have great court vision and superior passing ability.

But he’s a much more natural scorer than LeBron. Better shooter, wider variety of shots and moves, etc.

right. these "new-age" stats seem goofy at first, but they just tell small parts of the story. my biggest issue with the analytics movement is what some have referenced as the "gentrification of basketball", but that's a separate conversation to have.

That’s the part that annoys me. Danny on Duncd on started watching basketball in like 2013. He’s 30+. But speaks like he has the authority/history on the game at times. Never hooped etc. Can be dismissive of previous eras, and have hard ons for the next European superstar :lol:.

What started out as a social media hobby for these cats turned some of them into capatilst authority figures, and 9/10....its white dudes who give other white dudes like them a platform from the same socio-economic background and privilege.

These guys get most of what analytics/good basketball is correct. I admire the leap they took in this career path. But I do be thrown off by the tone sometimes tho. And can see how that’s off putting to other more traditional basketball people. Some of that, is people being close minded, and not wanting to learn etc. so it’s a mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom