Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait, is Paul considered “pro”? Meaning no head gear? Sorry I’m not familiar with them. Only heard about them when he was fighting that British YouTube guy, didn’t know what the big fuss was about

^
Awww hell naw!!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

more shocking than learning he’s registered as a pro boxer.....
This man really took a vanity shot as his BoxRec pic

13BC4B93-74AB-4CC4-BE80-923E0E53DC25.jpeg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Floyd needs to stop with these shenanigans

Next fight probably is gonna be Lubin vs Tony Harrison and Tony beats him convincingly

Both have suspect chins, but Harrison holds up okay until he fatigues and falls apart. It might be too big of a step up for Lubin. If I am Lubin's matchmaker, I'd go after Lara because he's clearly lost a couple steps.

I was on the Lubin hype train a couple years ago. Despite his setback to Charlo, I thought he still had potential to be great because he was young. After seeing how he did last night, I don't think he will be much more than a fringe contender. He should've stepped on the gas but couldn't because he was susceptible to getting hit. Cunningham isn't the most renowned trainer. But with his experience training Devon Alexander another Southpaw, I expected some drastic improvement.

Jeison Rosario is only 25 and seems to be improving each fight. But just a year and a half ago, he got a SD fighting Jorge Cota. Lubin and Jermell Charlo stopped Cota. We know styles make fights and triangle theories don't always work. But this makes me question his power.

So from the few highlights of Rosario fights I checked out (j-rock, Cota, Hernandez) he times those hooks and upper-cuts pretty good that he can stun you. Also got his feet planted, so he’s got the leverage to throw hurtful shots. Rear upper cuts are sneaky, due to his feet kinda close together. Got the leverage and distance to throw short right hands. But that makes him prone to getting hit himself. He’s giving himself a bigger target for Mell standing so upright. His Defense consists of just putting those hands up, and stepping back a little. He is tough and got that 3rd world county heart and that’s why I think he can make to the late rounds. But skill wise , just not as dynamic as Mell.

So from the few highlights of Rosario fights I checked out (j-rock, Cota, Hernandez) he times those hooks and upper-cuts pretty good that he can stun you. Also got his feet planted, so he’s got the leverage to throw hurtful shots. Rear upper cuts are sneaky, due to his feet kinda close together. Got the leverage and distance to throw short right hands. But that makes him prone to getting hit himself. He’s giving himself a bigger target for Mell standing so upright. His Defense consists of just putting those hands up, and stepping back a little. He is tough and got that 3rd world county heart and that’s why I think he can make to the late rounds. But skill wise , just not as dynamic as Mell.
He's basically a lesser version of Charlo. But Charlo hasn't faced someone who fights like this.

I can see Jermall winning by a close decision, can see Jermell winning via stoppage but at the same time 154 is the most competitive weight class imo, probably 10-12 guys that can all beat each other any given night with not a single 1 head and shoulders above any1 else

What are your predictions?

The UK is heading back into a second lockdown thus meaning fans return to stadiums has been cancelled. A rising surge in cases has meant a second lockdown has been enforced as the uk prepares for its second wave. The uk government today stated no fans return to stadiums until NEXT YEAR which has put a dagger into some of boxing’s biggest UK fights including Joyce vs Dubois and possibly Anthony Joshuas fight although hearn has stated he will still try and put AJ fight on even if they lose millions.

Back
Top Bottom