Official 2020 Boxing Thread: 12/12 - Joshua vs. Pulev DAZN, Stevenson vs. Clary ESPN

Who will be the winner of Wilder vs. Fury II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or stop cherrypicking fights to build this perception.

Majority of fights the opponent have a big disadvantage .

Canelo dont need an edge but man majority of his resume looks like this

he’s pound for pound #1. Period. Tired of hearing the this or that nonsense like Andrade Boo Boo is talking right now :lol:

whether you like him or not it is what it is hes P4P #1 right now.

Everybody had a gameplan until you get punched in the face. Smith was scared of the counter and felt the power. Look at boys arm, Hearn talking about a detached bicep

Callum coulda had a full training camp outcome would be exactly the same.

In sport theres levels and Callum isnt on Canelos level clearly just like love or hate Floyd but he made a lot of fighters look ordinary.

Callum gave it his all and thats all you can do finished on his feet full respect they love to over hype Canelo most fights not necessary tonight.

Andrade talking smack wait till he gets in with him and dont last 6 rounds Callum never talked smack just went in and did the job respect for that.

All these situation in his favor fights need to stop though he dont need the leg up but money always talks

Btw Andrade got dressed in the dark? Anybody tell him he was gonna be on tv? Also dude sounds like he has an 8th grade education some dudes make it out but dont know how to act yelling in peoples faces on live tv smh.

Anyone in this thread can attest to me not being the biggest Canelo fan, but this fight has been talked about since the summer. If Callum wasn’t ready that’s on him, and it most likely wouldn’t have mattered anyways.

Canelo is the best fighter on the planet and it’s not close. Beterbiev is the only guy from 160-175 who has a chance of beating him right now.

Just started watching my DVR'd SHO fight card from tonight.

Gary Russell Sr. has 5 sons all named Gary :rofl:

Btw, RIP Gary D Russell :frown:

No way Canelo p4p right now.

How?

Who has he beat noteworthy not at catch weight or on short notice.

Funny how i aint hear not one person reference his last fight against kovalev.

Canelo is a great fighter, but stop with the gimmicks.

He lucky ward is retired

How?

He lucky ward is retired

Whos p4p then? Sure as hell aint fraudford. Give props when due man.. callum got dominated tonight and i expected it to be a close fight.

I for one didnt give canelo credit for that kovalev fight, 2 month turn around is bs but canelo finished that fight in empathic fashion.

How?

He lucky ward is retired

GGG got robbed the first fight, but I do think Canelo edged him slightly in the second, and the short notice excuse isn’t something that should apply to Smith. This fight has been a possibility since the summer, he should have been ready.

That’s fine if you want to dismiss the Kov win for Canelo, but then you can’t at the same time not dismiss basically Crawford’s and Spence’s whole resumes. Crawford is all eye test, the two biggest wins on Spence’s resume is a blow up lightweight who was in there for a check, and already damaged Kell Brook.

Bro.... Errol is my favorite fighter, but man you have to get off this man's nuts.

Errol is the bigger draw, but to say a unification fight off the 2 best welterweights does nothing for his legacy is blasphemy.

Sorry to interrupt Canelo's greatness. I'm getting caught up in the thread.

how. Look at the numbers :lol: . Dude said Spence can’t sell a fight and then you look at Terrance Crawford’s numbers. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I’d price myself out too. Fighting Terrance does nothing for him pockets wise and legacy wise. Tell that man go step his competition up. At least go fight Porter.

Whos p4p then? Sure as hell aint fraudford. Give props when due man.. callum got dominated tonight and i expected it to be a close fight.

I for one didnt give canelo credit for that kovalev fight, 2 month turn around is bs but canelo finished that fight in empathic fashion.

The man who has been consistantly getting guys outta here its crawford.

Again i cant credit someone as p4p when a majority of the fights occur at your weight and on short notice.

He looked great tonight dont get me wrong but . At the same time the only reason people thought this would be an issue for Canelo was due to length but man if Callum didnt telegraph a majority of his shots. Canelo was reading those from round 1.

Callum ain't fought a single american ir north american I should say yet he had a lot of praise coming in.

GGG got robbed the first fight, but I do think Canelo edged him slightly in the second, and the short notice excuse isn’t something that should apply to Smith. This fight has been a possibility since the summer, he should have been ready.

That’s fine if you want to dismiss the Kov win for Canelo, but then you can’t at the same time not dismiss basically Crawford’s and Spence’s whole resumes. Crawford is all eye test, the two biggest wins on Spence’s resume is a blow up lightweight who was in there for a check, and already damaged Kell Brook.
I agree with this take on ggg fight.

Crawfords ability to switch stances and still be lethal is what sets him apart. Hate on the resume all you want. I'll wait for the number of catch weight titles hes won. Also how many guys has crawford cherry picked to fight not even a month after a 12 round war (kov fight). Right it off but can you honestly tell me it ain't a trend?

Crawford gets hate but he is walking through the ww division if not stuck with bob arum.

Shawn porter would be another victim.

Canelo get charlo out without the gimmicks he got it. Until then na

Back
Top Bottom