OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ain’t no good HS football in NYC/LI. There’s a couple of teams that rise and blue chip players every year, but never consistent enough comp to justify going out there. And I lived a mile walk from two H.S.’s.

Does Boise State have that trash an O line? Hachmeier is getting hit on every single play.

Does Boise State have that trash an O line? Hachmeier is getting hit on every single play.
Saw a graphic that he got hit something like 28 times against FSU last week...compared to Brady getting hit something like 36 times all of past season :lol:

284D688F-4005-4B61-B73C-ADF0B5C56DCD.jpeg

Ain’t no good HS football in NYC/LI. There’s a couple of teams that rise and blue chip players every year, but never consistent enough comp to justify going out there. And I lived a mile walk from two H.S.’s.

Do most of the kids in NY that can play, play in Jersey?

Last edited:
At least when I was growing up, a lot of them play for travel teams and for the private schools. Some public and city schools have players - Nyan Boateng played basketball and football for Lincoln (BK), Erasmus Hall in Brooklyn where Curtis Samuel went is big time, and there’s always a handful of strong teams out on Long Island - but for the most part football has never been as strong culturally up here as other sports so the top athletes all play basketball first, then football, baseball and lacrosse.

Last edited:
Speaking of high school football, this happened to an in town team last week. Not sure if you guys remember Mikel Leshoure from a while back (played at Illinois and then the Lions for a bit) but he went to Centennial. Apparently it was 48-0 after the first quarter

5399F7BC-6DF5-448A-ADE0-127C0B8F620D.png

:lol: Yea, I'd love to go to watch HSFB games here. Miami had 2 DT commits out here last year and the competition they played against looked like middle school competition in Ohio.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne Brooklyn/Queens too

dacomeup dacomeup my boy trained Isaiah Wilson in HS and he was a beast. Ohio State got a 5 star TE out of Long Island 2 years ago too.

If I was Dino Babers I’d try to create an NY pipeline and keep Ohio State and those other big ten schools out. Those kids are already used to the cold (although it’s different in Syracuse) and try to expand that zone to NJ. You can be a perennial 9-3 and occasional 10-2 program with the Tri state area talent and the occasional kid from elsewhere that wants to come play in your system.

Feel like it's hard to get these elite kids to come up there when you have Michigan, OSU, PSU, Bama, UGA, etc coming after them.

Big gain for fields negated by holding, so we run right up the gut on 2nd and 17 for 2 yards...all these athletes and you call that

Back
Top Bottom