OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bomani made a really good point about the HBCU interest being tied somewhat to shoe companies. He pointed out that Makur Maker’s last two schools were both under armour and the Howard coach used to work for UA.

That it won’t be a sign of change until three 3 star kids all go together.

This is an interesting hypothetical look at how much current players could make if they monetize their likeness. I agree that Trevor and Justin are the only guys who would be in the high six-figure, $1m+ range. That was the only two guys I could see having national ads to go along with their huge social media following.

I think a lot of fans overestimate college football's popularity and reach. The vast majority of the country doesn't care about college football, only a handful of guys would be household names. think about how few NFL players have national ads. Most players would make money using social media.

Even though most of these guys wouldn't make a ton of money, even a couple thousand dollars can be life-changing to these guys. If you grew up poor and you or your family needs money, getting $2,000 to publicize a local restaurant or car dealership can change everything.

Last edited:
The only positive thing that has come out of this is the implementation of OTA style practices a couple weeks before actual training camp. Hopefully this becomes a permanent fixture and coaches use the time wisely to increase load and exposures and injuries go down as a result of no extreme load spikes at the start of camp like usual. Hopefully...

You have guys testing positive left and right and people still think there is going to be football in the fall for NFL and College. It’s laughable at this point.

MLB is about a week away from being done.

It’s not laughable that an entire football team is now in isolation because of two cases?? Got it.

tenor.gif

Why are you always on your period stanfan stanfan ? Triggered over the most simple things. Current events got racists angry I see.

“come to the city”

what? SF is supposed to scare someone?

that me against the world mentality has got to stop man. You gotta have things in life that make you happy. Every thread you’re in, posters always turn on you. Chill man. You know you ain’t gonna do a damn thing to anybody.

Back
Top Bottom