OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are good, the biggest concern though is if those 3 point threats that the Heat have starts firing consistently. Percentage wise, the Heats efficiency is higher than the Lakers. The Lakers may be able to match the Heats tenacity but they would need some really good nights to beat the Heat. I believe the Heat has it to beat the Lakers.

If it stays close and are gritty games, Heat gonna take a few of those. These games wont be on those mentioned players, itll be on Bron.

If Boston won it would have been a harder path towards the Finals MVP for Bron.

AD would have probably feasted
Who gonna make it hard for AD on Boston?

Boston and Miami offered different challenges. Boston had athletic wings that would make life hard on LeBron but their bigs were awful and Anthony Davis would have eaten them alive (Also, I think that the Celtics had an overall talented roster but that's just my opinion). Jason Tatum absolutely killed the Lakers in the two regular season matchups against the Celtics averaging 34 points per game.

Miami has One of very few players that match up well with Anthony Davis but I don't think they have the defenders that can slow down LeBron. The contrary to popular belief, Iggy hasn't done a good job defending LeBron. LeBron killed Iggy every time, he just happened to play on an all-time great team.

Bam can't do anything with AD either man, no disrespek to him. That's begging for foul trouble as well.

x5md9kke24q51.jpg

Bam can't do anything with AD either man, no disrespek to him. That's begging for foul trouble as well.

Yeah, I heard on the radio this morning that AD dominated the two regular season match-ups.
Outscored Bam like 33 to 11. Heat are a different, better team than they were then. But still; that does not bode well for Miami’s chances in the Finals.

The heat will likely zone up and dare Danny green, KCP, and white KCP to shoot.

Lakers picked it apart when they played this season. Bron, AD and Rondo are too high IQ and especially when Kuz and Carushow are in the game, they cut hard off the baseline which is where their zone is weakest. I hope they play a lotta zone will make things easier on offense and give us a lotta 2nd chance opportunities even if we miss 3s.

This Heat team is a lot different than the one the Lakers saw tbf, Crowder and Iggy weren't there and it was tight the last time

They are good, the biggest concern though is if those 3 point threats that the Heat have starts firing consistently. Percentage wise, the Heats efficiency is higher than the Lakers. The Lakers may be able to match the Heats tenacity but they would need some really good nights to beat the Heat. I believe the Heat has it to beat the Lakers.

People are talking about this heat team as if they're the prime Warriors, Duncan Robinson & Tyler Herro are two elite three point shooters, Dragic is a good one & outside of that they have guys who are either below average or don't shoot them.

Bam has taken one three the entire postseason
Jimmy has taken 30 (In comparison Rondo has taken 31, Markieff Morris 39)

or guys who historically are pretty bad at it in Crowder & iggy.

To top this off this team was dead last this season & playoffs in points from 10 feet or under. So it's not like they're getting A lot of easy looks at the basket either. Meanwhile L.A takes 43% of their shots from that area & are shooting 67% from that range.

This is a bad recipe against an elite defensive team.

Eye wouldn’t extend too much to those other guys on the perimeter especially if Bron is at the high post. Not saying a zone is going to work but the other dudes gotta beat me. Bron shooting too

Fully expecting Nunn to get more minutes too. They need to find a way to stop from AD getting the ball at the elbow 3 and the KCP in the corner.

This Heat team is a lot different than the one the Lakers saw tbf, Crowder and Iggy weren't there and it was tight the last time

I don’t think Herro was playing nearly as much back then either.

I still have Lakers in no more than 6 though.

There's been a lot of talk about the Heat zone defense, but not enough about the Lakers defense.

Any Bam pick and roll or hand-off will inevitably bring AD into the play. Not great Bob.

Boston and Miami offered different challenges. Boston had athletic wings that would make life hard on LeBron but their bigs were awful and Anthony Davis would have eaten them alive (Also, I think that the Celtics had an overall talented roster but that's just my opinion). Jason Tatum absolutely killed the Lakers in the two regular season matchups against the Celtics averaging 34 points per game.

Miami has One of very few players that match up well with Anthony Davis but I don't think they have the defenders that can slow down LeBron. The contrary to popular belief, Iggy hasn't done a good job defending LeBron. LeBron killed Iggy every time, he just happened to play on an all-time great team.

Jimmy gonna have to step up hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom