OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They lost whatever journalistic integrity they had a long time ago.

This is actually every on-brand for them.

There business is sports entertainment. Nothing more.
True. Back in the days, someone like the Balls wouldnt get any attention at all.

FYI: The guy behind ESPN social media is a Laker fan. But really ESPN is just following the HoH/BR model with memes and highlights.

ESPN following bleacher report is down right sad :lol:.

Im still amazed that Bleacher Report became what it is. That **** was seen as the MediaTakeout of sports journalism when it first hit the scene :lol:. It’s like if/when the Shaderoom becomes MSNBC. Which these days...I’m actually starting to believe will happen.

ESPN following bleacher report is down right sad :lol:.

Im still amazed that Bleacher Report became what it is. That **** was seen as the MediaTakeout of sports journalism when it first hit the scene :lol:. It’s like if/when the Shaderoom becomes MSNBC. Which these days...I’m actually starting to believe will happen.
You rey do some fishing tonite dummy 🎣

what is even wrong with that tweet

yall complain about everything

A sports “news” organization is supposed to be non-biased, but that tweet suggests ESPN is ready to celebrate LeBron getting to the Finals again. (Consistent with ESPN’s more general Lebby worship). It’s something that would be more expected on Laker-centric Twitter feed.

I don’t think it’s a big deal personally — it is what it is — but that’s why some might not like ESPN posting that.

A sports “news” organization is supposed to be non-biased, but that tweet suggests ESPN is ready to celebrate LeBron getting to the Finals again. (Consistent with ESPN’s more general Lebby worship). It’s something that would be more expected on Laker-centric Twitter feed.

I don’t think it’s a big deal personally — it is what it is — but that’s why some might not like ESPN posting that.
I mean he's the NBA's biggest star... literally everyone outside of Denver wants him to make the finals

They just got ppl in their social media dept that are on their meme game. Late but still abreast. Case in point...

I mean he's the NBA's biggest star... literally everyone outside of Denver wants him to make the finals

True, but as I said before, there’s an argument that a TV network should be non-biased (even though we all know that’s not really true for any of them).

That said, with respect to whoever is managing ESPN’s social media feeds, MVP MVP has persuaded me they’re just out for likes, laughs and clicks, like most social media folks.

what is even wrong with that tweet

yall complain about everything
lmao

its all chaos baby

1601141413592.png

ESPN has the same hosts everyday that conveniently have 2 opposing opinions on EVERY story and player. What are the odds that everyday one host will be for and one host will be against every topic discussed. Each have to pick opposing sides because there is no show without an argument or pushback. It's WWE and Fox News combined. All entertainment. Don't take them too seriously.

True, but as I said before, there’s an argument that a TV network should be non-biased (even though we all know that’s not really true for any of them).

That said, with respect to whoever is managing ESPN’s social media feeds, MVP MVP has persuaded me they’re just out for likes, laughs and clicks, like most social media folks.
Remember when MTV was all about music?

The networks did the same thing for Jordan, and that was because Jordan made people watch hoops even though they had no interest in the sport. NBC was Jordan's advertising channel, as well as ESPN was back in the day.

The networks did the same thing for Jordan, and that was because Jordan made people watch hoops even though they had no interest in the sport. NBC was Jordan's advertising channel, as well as ESPN was back in the day.
so are u saying lebron is the present day jordan?

hmmmm

so are u saying lebron is the present day jordan?

hmmmm
I am saying that the networks that pay for advertising, need someone to latch onto. At this point, especially due to his current political profile, LeBron is Must See TV. ESPN is only right to want him in the spotlight. Brings in revenue.

The Political Donations of NBA Owners Are Not So Progressive

The Ringer reported on Thursday that over 80% of the political donations from NBA owners have gone to the Republican party, while only 18.4% has been donated to Democratic causes. The remaining amount was given to non-partisan initiatives. The ten owners who have donated the most to political causes have given more than 75% to Republicans.

I am saying that the networks that pay for advertising, need someone to latch onto. At this point, especially due to his current political profile, LeBron is Must See TV. ESPN is only right to want him in the spotlight. Brings in revenue.
just instigating fam :lol:

CrazyGaseousAnemone-size_restricted.gif

That's usually how it works. Like how Kobe got his first 3. And how Shaq got his first 3. Players don't typically earn rings single handedly. It's not tennis.
You're right, it's not typical for players to win single handedly but I beg to differ or maybe I should rephrase: PP ain't elite just cause he got a ring.

Let's flip it. I think if Pierce had Pau instead of KG, he would not have won a chip cause Pierce ain't no true #1.... like Olajuwon, who won without another #1 (Drexler way past his prime in 95). Pierce needed an All NBA defensive Big to win a chip in his era. Cause he couldn't lead. Imho, KG was the main leader and certainly THE defensive anchor on that 08-10 Celtics team. The team's Identity was all KG

Many Alphas have won without another star. Kawhi in Toronto. Chauncey and 04 Pistons tho it can be argued Billups dont win jack without Sheed or Ben. Walton and the Blazers. DJ and the Sonics.

Pierce tried for years to win with another All Star Antoine Walker but couldnt even get out of the weak East.

Kobe won with another Alpha and won without another Alpha, which Pau certainly wasn't.

PP NEEDED Garnett and Allen. Because he's not imo an alpha or true #1 who can carry teams to titles.

Pierce is a bum, could never carry a squad by himself like Kobe or Bron could. Therefore he should never be considered top tier elite. He just an average all star future hall of Famer like Ray Allen. Good but not elite. That's why the fool is always hating on Bron.

Dude's jealousy continues to seep thru his pores lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom