OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope people really don't think this. Basketball isn't linear. That is a shallow analysis
bro, all my lakers homies told me this. 'they barely beat okccccccc thoooooo!!!' when i told them my theory on that of the playoffs being all about matchups...they said 'broo...okcccccccc thooooooooooo!!' 'YoU sAiD tHe SaMe ThInG aBoUt PoRtLaNd!!!!!!!!'

I went to the crib.

I just wanna the see the Lakers get pushed. If the series is tight I wanna see how “Top 5” AD responds.

How exactly does THAT make it not an example of whire privilege?

Legit asking
guessing the black guys didnt pick him because he's white, but instead someone they like. more friendship privilege. Like how you hook you mans up ahead of someone else that's been waiting. Or when you have next on the court and you pick up your boy whose team just lost instead of one of the cats on the sidelines.

still hella unqualified.

but these dudes are harry and lloyd frfr.

And my 2nd D&D reference of the day in the bag.

Super late. But that definitely wasn’t a foul on Butler at the end of the game :smh:

edit

Last edited:
I know this is a KD decision but Steve Nash has been an assistant for 2 years and it’s an all time great PG.

PG’s usually jump the line whether that’s bias or not

Super late. But that definitely was a foul on Butler at the end of the game :smh:
nah. or maybe yah. but you can't call that in the playoffs at the buzzer. it was tied. go to OT and solve it there. he didnt push him, he just touch him, and the shot was welllllllll gone. he was already headed to the ground. that was an immature reffing decision.

I know this is a KD decision but Steve Nash has been an assistant for 2 years and it’s an all time great PG.

PG’s usually jump the line whether that’s bias or not
lol he's never even sat on the bench. he was a player development trainer for guards lmaooo.

theres no rationale for this bro.

freeze freeze
lamekilla lamekilla

So, I agree that the decision was made because KD/Kyrie probably wanted him. I am not denying that portion at all.

Them wanting them and him getting the job doesn't mean White Privilege isn't present.

I am not saying it WAS but I am saying to believe it isn't simply because "The players wanting him" just isn't true.

this is the type of stuff that pisses black coaches off. Black coaches have to wait longer to get head coaching jobs and they get fired sooner. Guys like Steve Nash who have never coached at any level immediately get head coaching jobs. White coaches with sub .400 records like Luke Walton immediately get coaching jobs after getting fired. How often does this happen with black coaches? How was Steve Nash more qualified than Nate McMillan?
If only the Nets had a couple of the most powerful black athletes in all of sports that could have helped make the decision...

A black man made a decision that benefitted him, his family and his legacy
But THAT Black man isn't the one doing the hiring.

I am more likely to call it a non-white privilege situation simply because Kidd/Magic (two all time great PGs) also "skipped the line.

Did Isaiah Thomas sit on anyone's bench as an Assistant? I don't recall that happening either.

All-Time great PGs get that luxury of skipping the line.

Are KD and Kyrie actually trying to win in Brooklyn or are they just trying to collect all their friends and faves and hang out in New York City for the next couple of years?

Are KD and Kyrie actually trying to win in Brooklyn or are they just trying to collect all their friends and faves and hang out in New York City for the next couple of years?
coming soon.....

Eg_stM6WkAMiPzJ

I think it’s more a nepotism thing than race TBH.

Magic & Isaiah Thomas benefited.

More recently Derek Fisher & Jason Kidd too.

freeze freeze
lamekilla lamekilla

So, I agree that the decision was made because KD/Kyrie probably wanted him. I am not denying that portion at all.

Them wanting them and him getting the job doesn't mean White Privilege isn't present.

I am not saying it WAS but I am saying to believe it isn't simply because "The players wanting him" just isn't true.
this is a whole can of worms. I'm not saying it wasnt white privilege either. Often times, maybe through social conditioning, but black men prefer white men in authoritative positions. Or also as their assistants and partners in business. Still conditioned to put caucasian people on pedastels, even subconsiously. Not saying this happened, but this happens in sports OFTEN. I'm seen first hand accounts of it, guys preferring the white finance/accountant over the black one. The white real estate agent over the brown skinned one. With equal or less success in the markets too.

Look at the trainers that were pissed because Chris Brickley was getting all the players to come to him over them despite their same level of success in helping guys.

Social Conditioning. Subconcious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom