OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
vfnaupnmpkj51.png
Even the faults of black male fatherhood is a result of white supremacy, dating back to slavery when black males were purposefully separated from their families. Trauma is generational. If your father's father didn't know how to be one, how was your father ever going to learn?

Even after emancipation, black men were heavily discriminated against monetarily forcing them to either:
A. Work all day to support their family, leading them to be in the house less, a rarely seen specter that has no energy for children.
B. Leave to find better prospects elsewhere, often alone since moving is expensive and sometimes not a sure thing. No one wants to uproot their family with nowhere to go.
C. Resort to crime to make more money, something the prison industrial complex relies on. Ask yourself why black people are 13% of the population in America yet 40% of the population of american prisons. THEY don't actually want black men in homes raising black futures. They want us in prisons performing legalized slave labor.

And then there's the phenomenon of someone being told from the moment they can understand language that it's their destiny to be a bad father. That all black men are bad fathers. Stop telling children that. Stop dooming them to self-fulfilling prophecies.

They stack the deck against us and then blame us for having a weak hand. They steal our futures from us and then tell us we never had one in the first place. They traumatize us and then call our natural reactions, irrational disruptions to their perfect society. In their eyes WE'RE holding THEM back from Utopia. ****ing hilarious.

while true
a lot of former players are play by play announcers for their respect TV broadcasts
clyde
sean elliot
off the top of my head

None of those guys are play by play announcers, those guys do color commentary. Play by play guys are the guys they're partnered with, and they usually have a journalism background, rather than being a former pro athlete or coach. For example, Mike Breen is the play by play guy and JVG/Mark Jackson do the color commentary. Breen is the one describing what's happening, and JVG/Mark fill in with their analysis. What I think Locke was saying (I haven't listened) is that there's an issue with not enough (or any?) people of color with journalism degrees being hired to do the actual play by play role. The people of color are almost all former athletes.

On the national level the only minority play by play is Mark Jones. There's also Mike Tirico, but he's at NBC Sports now.

On the national level the only minority play by play is Mark Jones. There's also Mike Tirico, but he's at NBC Sports now.

The article I mentioned before said that there’s on one black play-by-play announcer doing local TV broadcasts. He works for the Hornets. Its a problem on national and local TV and radio.

The article I mentioned before said that there’s on one black play-by-play announcer doing local TV broadcasts. He works for the Hornets. Its a problem on national and local TV and radio.

Smh. That’s crazy fr
Locke was just being honest with that statement, said he wouldn’t have that job if he was black

Y’all just ignore Iron Man Iron Man ...Yo got a 100 posts all in the shoe sections and popped up today of all days to troll about Bron

The decent trolls/alt accounts don’t even try anymore :smh:
The dudes who stay in ONLY the shoe sections tend to be the weirdest dudes on here so I’m not surprised

still collecting over priced cheap pieces of leather and glue over the age of 25 does things to a mans mind.
“LeBron is all talk and no action”
“He uses people taxes. Takes credit it for it”
We're talking about the same Bron that left the players meeting early last night early to go play video games? The same guy that takes credit for everything while the taxpayer and city pay for it? hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom