OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

So my 2nd son was born in January. So I only get the $500 for 1 of my kids since obviously I didn't claim him on my taxes from 2019? Feel like people in my situation should be able to fill out a form and send in proof they have a child born this year. I want that full $3400 :lol: :nerd:

I thought I was ballin and wouldn't get a check , but the government hit me with $1.2k. DAMN!!!
You don’t deserve the NancyBucks
1586881125646.jpeg

Your Coronavirus Check Is Coming. Your Bank Can Grab It.

Regulators have given banks the green light to use stimulus funds to pay off debts that individuals owe them.

This week, the $1,200 CARES Act payments Congress approved in response to the coronavirus crisis will begin to appear in Americans’ bank accounts. The funds will be wired to eligible recipients who previously authorized the IRS to post their refunds (or Social Security payments) through direct deposit. This will speed relief far more quickly than having the IRS mail a check, which could take up to five months.

But the money may not make it into the hands of those who need it to pay bills, buy food, or just survive amid mass unemployment and widespread suffering. Individuals might first have to fend off their own bank, which has just been given the power to seize the $1,200 payment and use it to pay off outstanding debt.

Congress did not exempt CARES Act payments from private debt collection, and the Treasury Department has been reluctant to exempt them through its rulemaking authority. This means that individuals could see their payments transferred from their hands into the hands of their creditors, potentially leaving them with nothing.

Banks would be first in line to grab the payments to offset a delinquent loan or past-due fees. Even if the individual thinks their account with that bank is closed, if the payments post there, the bank could conceivably use them to cover old debts.

ARTICLE CONTINUES

Hopefully I get a notification tonight that I received a deposit. Filed both years on time.

CALL THIS NUMBER
IT WILL TELL U IF U HAVE ANY OUTSTANDING DEBT
THAT THE GOVERNMENT WILL SIEZE
LIKE CHILD SUPPORT
OR OTHER GOVERNMENT DEBT
THAT WILL TAKE SOME IF UR OWED MONEY
BD4A997A-B607-4304-9587-9122BA6275C0.png

Yeah this question was asked a ton throughout the calls I was on with the Fed and unlike Tax Returns this stimulus is eligible for "right of offset" meaning banks or financial institutions are allowed to use these funds for any charged off debt or accounts.

Back
Top Bottom