OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

For an $1,100 mortgage you'd have to live in the boondocks next to nothing, or a terrible area. Ya know, like the South.

hey, if ya money long, go pay $6500 a month for a one bedroom in ‘Sisco.

San Quentin inmates got more leg and elbow room tho.

“terrible” area but San Francisco got like 10 skid rows. So does Portland. Them cities are sooooooo “forward” thinking but not only do they have to worry about bird poop, but human poop flying off overpasses as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

“terrible areas” :rofl: :rofl:

The US average is $1500 a month. I just googled it. If that’s not enough information then IDK what to say

you realize the US is pretty big right? and most people probably don’t want to live out the boonies. throwing out 1 statistic like that’s any sort of argument is laughable

not to mention the average person can’t just go pick up a mortgage like it’s an item at a grocery store. like someone mentioned earlier there are a lot more factors to consider

hey, if ya money long, go pay $6500 a month for a one bedroom in ‘Sisco.

San Quentin inmates got more leg and elbow room tho.

“terrible” area but San Francisco got like 10 skid rows. So does Portland. Them cities are sooooooo “forward” thinking but not only do they have to worry about bird poop, but human poop flying off overpasses as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

“terrible areas” :rofl: :rofl:

I'm East Coast. Don't know nothing about San Fran. I never mentioned it so not sure why you're talking to me about that place specifically.

And let me guess...you live in the South that's why you're so salty/sensitive. :lol:

If you can’t survive off $4300+ a month (52k) a year, then you’ve got serious problems. You should be able to survive off that anywhere in America. Quick google, the average monthly mortgage is $1100 a month. Instead of paying $1300+ a month to rent an apartment, get a mortgage.
You really using MANSIONS prices to bat an eye at $1100 AVERAGE mortgage for simple homes? You think everyone lives in a mansion???? IDK where ya’ll heads be at....

Who REALLY thinks they’ll get a mansion with a $1100 mortgage be real

You're trying to use average mortgage prices to make an argument about cost of living and people's finances ANYWHERE in the America. :lol:

A lot of us for real got it out the mud in high cost of living areas. How you gonna tell us what it was or should be like.

Single on 52K in Oakland, CA was FULL of financial strain for me personally.

**** didn't even get relatively comfortable until close to six figures.

you realize the US is pretty big right? and most people probably don’t want to live out the boonies. throwing out 1 statistic like that’s any sort of argument is laughable

not to mention the average person can’t just go pick up a mortgage like it’s an item at a grocery store. like someone mentioned earlier there are a lot more factors to consider

Well, most people need to figure it out then. :lol: :lol: stop trying to live beyond their means. The average American is lazy, but wants to live in a lap of luxury :lol:

I'm East Coast. Don't know nothing about San Fran. I never mentioned it so not sure why you're talking to me about that place specifically.

And let me guess...you live in the South that's why you're so salty/sensitive. :lol:

Salty? I live in Fort Lauderdale. What’s their to be salty about? My cousin is an auditor and has a two story home in Houston for cheap? Her parents have a two story home in San Antonio, for cheap. I have a home in Fort Lauderdale. Cheap. As does my father, grandmother, and other relatives. We’ve had homes our whole lives. Never had to live in apartments. Where’s the salt?

4bUV7Ls.gif

Can we kill the humble brags in here.

It honestly doesn't need to be said again.

We all know the prices in SF NYC LA and all these other gentrified neighborhoods are ridiculous.

Yall are the exception not the rule.

I dont know why yall keep bringing that up.

Pretty sure yall make a lot more money then most Americans.
I moved out the bay
To buy my house
Still in norcal
My mortgage still more than double that

They said 52k a year is impossible to live in “most” US cities. I said $4300 a month is solid for most of america. Instead of paying $2000+ for rent, getting a mortgage (average US MORTGAGE being $1100 (I was wrong, average is $1500)) is more feasible than paying apartment rent....

Then people brought up San Francisco. As if San Francisco is the only city in the US of A.

I know tons of ppl living in SF making $52k or less a year, and don't try to say "comfortably" next b/c that's all relative to each individual and highly subjective

Also, you can't compare unemployment taxes to wage taxes. Unemployment in NYC with the $600 bonus was $1100 and 10% taxes. So you still get about $990 a week after "taxes." That's roughly $3960 a month.

To take home $3960 after taxes from your job, your salary would have to be roughly $65k. Then include the fact your expenses should be way less because you're not spending money on take out for lunch, not spending on luxuries like kicks/clothes, not spending as much money on gas or public transportation, etc.

They said 52k a year is impossible to live in “most” US cities. I said $4300 a month is solid for most of america. Instead of paying $2000+ for rent, getting a mortgage (average US MORTGAGE being $1100 (I was wrong, average is $1500)) is more feasible than paying apartment rent....

Then people brought up San Francisco. As if San Francisco is the only city in the US of A.
Oakland
Richmond
San Jose
Daly City
San mateo
Santa Clara
Milpitas
Hayward
San leandro
South San Francisco
Santa Rosa
Orinda
Palo Alto
Redwood City
Mountain View
Cupertino
All places in around the bay
U can’t get a mortgage for a family at 1500

Also, you can't compare unemployment taxes to wage taxes. Unemployment in NYC with the $600 bonus was $1100 and 10% taxes. So you still get about $990 a week after "taxes." That's roughly $3960 a month.

To take home $3960 after taxes from your job, your salary would have to be roughly $65k. Then include the fact your expenses should be way less because you're not spending money on take out for lunch, not spending on luxuries like kicks/clothes, not spending as much money on gas or public transportation, etc.
That’s why u go exempt all year
Then pay ur taxes
At the end

Is Fort Lauederdale a nice place? Never been
Like anyplace there are more desirable and less desirable areas. I'm trying to set something up there in the near future.

As far as 1100 mortgages go dont sleep on incidentals. Taxes insurance maintenance and repairs, which can pile up quick.

Back
Top Bottom