OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

So then it wouldn't be any easier to pass a stimulus and nothing will happen unless they compromise and work with republicans or people in need will be left without help

I thought the senate was pushing that immunity part because trump was leaning on them for it for his buddies. The government pushing for companies not to be able to be sued for unsafe environments is crazy. Seemed like the type of line steppin stuff that orange man was on.

If you're on the verge of losing your home, struggling to pay your bills.. wouldn't you accept a stimulus in exchange for that immunity? Yea it's a raw deal but something is better than nothing. What exactly are Dems hoping to accomplish by driving this hard bargain with a party that is impossible to bargain with? They have to see the futility in that..right? How long are they willing to play to a stalemate which doesn't benefit the people they claim to be fighting for

Last edited:
That is not the only sticking point though. It is more complex than that

There was no unified GOP position on this thing. Trump was cool with one thing and his Treasury secretary was negotiating with Pelosi, but Mitch McConnell wanted way less because most Senate Republicans don't want to go as high as Pelosi and Trump were proposing. The skinny bill they support didn't include more checks, enhanced unemployment payments, and the airline bailout, etc.

I would think the Dems are trying to secure a stimulus deal that will actually help the economy. Because if it is too small, it would not be much to help folk.

Last edited:
If you're on the verge of losing your home, struggling to pay your bills.. wouldn't you accept a stimulus in exchange for that immunity? Yea it's a raw deal but something is better than nothing. What exactly are Dems hoping to accomplish by driving this hard bargain with a party that is impossible to bargain with? They have to see the futility in that..right?
But it doesn't affect everyone. There are plenty of people still working. That are working from home because companies don't want to be sued for negligence because they know they'll be negligent af. And many don't have that level of liability insurance nor want to have people sign over their rights for the bad publicity. If they can't sue, guarantee the WFH is over over. The ability to sue them is keeping them accountable. It's not something that should be debated by the senate in order to help all of the families not working.

I thought the senate was pushing that immunity part because trump was leaning on them for it for his buddies. The government pushing for companies not to be able to be sued for unsafe environments is crazy. Seemed like the type of line steppin stuff that orange man was on.

mfs memories shorter than the bus to summer school...it´s like these things did not happen just this year:

Amazon has been fighting the spread of coronavirus cases in its logistics network and a public-relations battle against critics who say the company hasn’t done enough to make warehouses safe. Small groups of workers at facilities around the U.S. have walked off the job in protest, and an employee activist group, Amazon Employees for Climate Justice, called for corporate employees to call in sick after two of its members were fired.

Tyson supervisors at a pork processing facility in Waterloo, Iowa took bets on how many workers would get infected with Covid-19, even as they took measures to protect themselves and denied knowledge of the spread of the illness at work, according to new allegations in a lawsuit against the company and some employees.

The wrongful death suit was originally filed this summer by Oscar Fernandez, whose father Isidro Fernandez died in April due to complications from Covid-19. Fernandez had worked at Tyson's Waterloo, Iowa facility, the company's largest pork processing plant, before he died. The suit alleged that Tyson did not take sufficient measures to protect workers, and that the company encouraged workers to come in while they were sick.

Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody's office is investigating allegations that Norwegian Cruise Line gave "misleading and potentially dangerous sales pitches" to customers that downplayed the risks of coronavirus.

The investigation, announced Monday, comes after the Miami New Times published a story based on leaked internal emails from managers to employees about how to speak to the public about coronavirus.

According to the New Times report, Norwegian provided its sales force with inaccurate or misleading one-liners that downplayed the severity and contagiousness of coronavirus to customers, Moody's office said.
The whistleblower-leaked emails included lines such as, "the only thing you need to worry about for your cruise is do you have enough sunscreen," and "the coronavirus can only survive in cold temperatures, so the Caribbean is a fantastic choice for your next cruise," according to Moody's office.

these are the entities some people would have operate with impunity in these times.

only thing these avaricious stocksuckers care about is money, and we can´t give up our right to kick them where it hurts...you think they don´t give a flying **** now, see how low they go with no threat of punishment.

count cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 among the broke folks who do not want the most vulnerable members of the workforce sold out to the whims of corporations during a pandemic for some damn twelve hundred dollars.

So Texas Workforce commission is experiencing technical difficulties. I was supposed to get paid Friday but holidays prevented that. So I expected Monday or Tuesday. Nope still haven't processed my claim, so now maybe Wednesday or Thursday for a measly $400.00 FML. I needed that $ for an oil change and light bill. Anyone in Texas experiencing this that files on Wednesday?

Cancer or dementia need to do their job on Mitch McConnell. Like I really hope that man dies a brutal painful death.

Sorry if I’m not sugarcoating stuff. I know I’m saying some really foul stuff. I shouldn’t wish that stuff upon anyone regardless if they’re a vile person. But This country would be much better off with him dead.

Last edited:
Cancer or dementia need to do their job on Mitch McConnell. Like I really hope that man dies a brutal painful death.

Sorry if I’m not sugarcoating stuff. I know I’m saying some really foul stuff. I shouldn’t wish that stuff upon anyone regardless if they’re a vile person. But This country would be much better off with him dead.

I usually play devils advocate and say you wildn!

But ummmmmm I don't want to right here.

I usually play devils advocate and say you wildn!

But ummmmmm I don't want to right here.

Like man. I know it’s not good to have that type of energy. But **** Mitch McConnell. At the very least he needs his *** beat. If some dumb rednecks in Kentucky want to put white supremacy and gop garbage over rationality, I don’t care if they suffer. But when those in his state who can’t stand him and everyone else who is struggling right now throughout out the country over something that’s no fault of their own potentially can suffer because he wants to be an unreasonable pos. Something needs to give.

Back
Top Bottom