OFFICIAL 2020 STIMULUS CHECK THREAD

Here's the apparent Democratic calendar for coronavirus relief, based on statements from public officials (per Home Politics):

• February 8 to 12: Nine House committees draft the stimulus bill in markup sessions.
  • February 15 to 19: The House Budget Committee finalizes the legislation, and the Rules Committee sets the terms for floor debate.
  • February 22 to 26: The House votes on the relief bill, sending it to the Senate.
  • Before March 14: The Senate passes the stimulus legislation, forwarding it to Biden's desk for his signature.

Woah instantly turned into a few months real quick

Dissapointing, but I figured that would be about the timeline, unless they did a stand alone bill for direct payments.

From the governments money POV it makes the most sense to have this package directly follow the second package. Instead it overlapping or running concurrently. I could just see the cluster F now.

They just need to make sure and stay with this timeline, otherwise programs will start to lapse/expire.
I support the minimum wage hike, but to me there's a pretty good split of Democrats on it so they might need to drop that for now. That could be the biggest sticking point IMO.

By then I can find a PS5 hopefully... (really haven't been looking that hard yet), it would be perfect timing though. It sounds like March/April stock should be readily available. 🤞

$1,400 is just under my monthly rent without respect to all other monthly bills.

Whoever they got doing their research...

5 months of rent for under 2 racks.. where they do that at??

folks in the bay couldnt live in a free BART station for two months on a $1,400 check. i'm convinced it's either a troll twitter account or they misread that number as $14,000

Sometimes I wonder if a monarchy would have its benefits so things could get done faster...

What was the math they did on the original $1800? It came out to slightly above minimum wage for a month of full time work at.$11.25/hr. Extend it out 7 months or half a year, and it comes out to $1.6 an hr for 28 weeks of full time work. There is no basis where $1800 was enough for anything. And now the $600 is looking like it'll need to stretch 3 plus months lol. And at this rate, the $1400 will need to last longer than the first $1800

Didn't they say half of Congress are millionaires. Look at our newly elected officials. Harris made $7 million last year. Very few know the struggles.

Back
Top Bottom