OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing, I'll say about DJ...

If he was at USC or any school in the PAC for that matter, the O Line and coaching staff would be getting killed in the press for how he looks. Because he's at Clemson, DJ is the one getting all the blame.

#Year13 :smokin

1633242238129.png

I think Dan Mullen is a high floor, low ceiling head coach. Even as a Georgia fan, I'll give him credit for doing more with less and winning with inferior talent. This was his MO at Mississippi State (along with QB development).

The issue is that he has no excuse for doing more with less now. He's at Florida, a program with limitless resources. If he has less talent, that's an indictment on his recruiting ability. Dan is a good enough Xs and Is coach to beat most teams but he's not an elite recruiter so he'll struggle to consistently beat elite teams.

Another knock on Dan is that his teams aren't consistent enough. It's clear that She has great game plans for big games like Georgia and Alabama but he follows them up with these these mind-boggling losses to lesser teams.

I think it makes Dan Mullen so unlikable is that he acts like a petulant child after losses.

1. When The Gators got blown out in the Cotton Bowl, Dan went to the press conference and said "We really didn't want to be here and we just played a bunch of young guys".

2. When they lost to LSU he took no accountability for his player tossing the shoe that eventually lost in the game.

3. Last year he complained about Texas A&M having too many fans as being a reason why the Gators lost.
4. Now last night he refuses to admit he got out coached despite losing to an inferior team.

The one thing, I'll say about DJ...

If he was at USC or any school in the PAC for that matter, the O Line and coaching staff would be getting killed in the press for how he looks. Because he's at Clemson, DJ is the one getting all the blame.
He's objectively looked bad too, though. They all do.

Dan Mullen is the perfect coach for Florida good enough for them to 8-10 games every year and nothing more.

Florida fired Jim McElwain after going 10-4 and 9-4 and winning the division. Seems like Dan is on a similar trajectory.

It's going to be interesting to see how Dan keeps the team together. Last season, Florida seemed pretty checked out after they were out of title contention.

That is true, though the big 3 schools are prone to some checkouts.

**** is a defeating sport when you ain't got nothing to play for.

💯💯💯

It's hard to get up for those 6:00 a.m. lifts, arduous practices and long days when you're not playing for anything. This is especially tough for the guys with NFL futures. In their minds they're thinking "Why am I going to these classes, busting my butt during these workouts and practices on a losing team?"

It's easy to check out when your coach is checking out as well and obviously lobbying for other jobs
I've actually seen from some non UF insiders that Mullen was trying for so long to get the UF job he may not be looking to leave there any time soon.

EDIT

Forgot about the NFL

Last edited:
Dopey Dan Mullen is a 🤡, said it from jump when he was hired. Never takes any accountability while being arrogant as hell, I wouldn't want to play for him. Losing to Kentucky twice in 4 years should be an automatic firing but the AD ain't going to have the nuts to do it. Oh well, basketball season around the corner. My Lakeshow bout to be a movie.

Dopey Dan Mullen is a 🤡, said it from jump when he was hired. Never takes any accountability while being arrogant as hell, I wouldn't want to play for him. Losing to Kentucky twice in 4 years should be an automatic firing but the AD ain't going to have the nuts to do it. Oh well, basketball season around the corner. My Lakeshow bout to be a movie.
UF under Mullen is 1 and 5 against their last 6 power 5 opponents.

He was trying hard to get a NFL gig last year. That’s like the worst kept secret out there.
UF under Mullen is 1 and 5 against their last 6 power 5 opponents.

I could totally see Dan Mullen leaving Florida if an NFL job presented itself. He gives me Chip Kelly vibes in that he doesn't actually want to coach the entire team, he just wants to coach QBs and run his offense. Like Chip Kelly, they both hate recruiting and they're never very good at it. Even when you hear Dan Mullen at press conferences, he still has the "I'm the offensive coordinator and play caller, if the rest of the team sucks then that is on the rest of the coaching staff.

Would an NFL team even want him? He’s always been meh as a coach IMO

Yeah that's the part that I don't get. Usually the NFL wants guys who are tearing it up in College, so some of his antics/approach don't really make sense. I mean hell, Chip was doing numbers at Oregon when he got a shot at an NFL gig

TIL I learned Joe Moorhead is only 47.

This guy:

1633385906044.png

Man you football
weird
dudes age terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom