OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
My assumption for the longest time was the Pac12 and Big12 would've ended up in some sort of merger because it was pretty widely known for awhile - at least under UT's old regime - they thought themselves above the SEC and better aligned with the West Coast academically and culturally.

But obviously something changed.

I always thought they’d move to the PAC as well.

If USC and let’s say Oregon left, would the PAC collapse?

You know, it just occurred to me...

It is pretty ****ing hilarious Saban is complaining about NIL becoming involved with recruiting when I just remembered he pulled this **** last summer:

1650055918113.png

I take back half of what I said yesterday.

-----

Also presented without commentary:

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 5.10.12 PM.png

Last edited:
You know, it just occurred to me...

It is pretty ****ing hilarious Saban is complaining about NIL becoming involved with recruiting when I just remembered he pulled this **** last summer:

1650055918113.png

I take back half of what I said yesterday.
Mind you - he was doing that at the TEXAS HS Coaches Association convention...

He knew what he was doing. :lol:

Up in arms about it now because someone finally outpaced him and because Jimbo largely isn't concerned about pointing fingers back at him.

Saban is a great coach but any time they don’t win you will hear him whine about something. Just like the hurry up offense a while back, when OSU beat them in 2014 it was due to his players not being focused because of the draft, and now the NIL stuff

Looks like Amarius Mims might end up staying at Georgia.

Screenshot_20220417-202139.png

We'll see how it goes, he still might end up transferring. My stance on Mims hasn't changed. Very talented player but he was very raw coming out of high school. He has the potential to be a first-round pick and play a key role on a national championship contending team but he needs to put the work in. Rumors around Athens was that he was running with the 2s and 3s.

I would love to have him back but Georgia doesn't need him back.

We'll see how it goes, he still might end up transferring. My stance on Mims hasn't changed. Very talented player but he was very raw coming out of high school. He has the potential to be a first-round pick and play a key role on a national championship contending team but he needs to put the work in. Rumors around Athens was that he was running with the 2s and 3s.

Kid had some personal stuff happen to him over the weekend so I’m not surprised about those rumors

Bud Elliott and some others said he was getting first team reps this spring. They said NIL was a big motivator for his looking to leave.

Bud Elliott and some others said he was getting first team reps this spring. They said NIL was a big motivator for his looking to leave.

This is in direct contradiction to what the UGA writers at 247 and rivals are saying but who knows. 🤷🏿‍♂️

You ever try to Twitter search a player’s name to find a news item and instead get embarrassed by how many tweets from grown men with in-car profile pics you see?

“YES BIG MAN! Come to the big house/farm/barn/pond! We need BIG boys like you opening up those HOLES! Make the best choice of your life and MAKE your family proud!”

🥴

Done deal jack.....

Georgia football: offensive lineman Amarius Mims to withdraw from portal, stay with Bulldogs​

You ever try to Twitter search a player’s name to find a news item and instead get embarrassed by how many tweets from grown men with in-car profile pics you see?

“YES BIG MAN! Come to the big house/farm/barn/pond! We need BIG boys like you opening up those HOLES! Make the best choice of your life and MAKE your family proud!”

🥴

Big time creep energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom