Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Mungia vs GGG? That’s another good one. The only thing is Mungia is 100% not KOing GGG but can he withstand GGGs power even at this late stage of his career.

I’m gonna start following Alexis Rocha too… I like how his punches have bad intentions yet clean technique. He knocked out my homie a few months ago… a journeyman who ran the gym and held pads for me.

May of 2022

canelo chooses to fight Munguia

at a catchweight favorable to canelo

Munguia
early 20’s
Green
Untested

What does that fight do for canelos legacy if he wins?

May of 2022

Munguia
early 20’s
Green
Untested

Would depend on how Mungia redeemed himself after catching that L. He’s been getting better every fight with Morales tho, he’s finally at a point that I think he could give anyone at 160 problems.

Mungia is another one of these guys who are going to have a decision to make tho, idk if you’re a guy like him or Virgil Ortiz idk that you would want to hitch your wagon to Triller.

Last edited:
May of 2022

Munguia
early 20’s
Green
Untested

Is Canelo even open to doing business with Golden Boy? I would imagine no, not even in this capacity.

Would depend on how Mungia redeemed himself after catching that L. He’s been getting better every fight with Morales tho, he’s finally at a point that I think he could give anyone at 160 problems.

Mungia is another one of these guys who are going to have a decision to make tho, idk if you’re a guy like him or Virgil Ortiz idk that you would want to hitch your wagon to Triller.

of course Munguia and anyone at 154-168 would want the canelo fight

Munguia is an:
Undeafeated world champ
From MX
Exciting style

5 de Mayo weekend

kind of a no brainer for canelo?
Ignore the the fact that canelo has said he would prefer not to fight MX fighters, and a potential rift with GBp

what does a Munguia fight mean for canelo?

Is Canelo even open to doing business with Golden Boy? I would imagine no, not even in this capacity.
Would canelo avoid the best fighters over gbp beef?

seems like he’s just happy to be out of the gbp deal and he’d fight anybody

say It happens
What does that fight mean for canelo?

why not?

5 de Mayo, undefeated world champ MX fighter, exciting style

ignoring canelos comments about fighting an Max fighter and a potential beef with GBP

Why not Munguia?
Just a brief statement
Because he’s not going to allow Oscar to profit off of him.

Charlo makes the most sense. This was his biggest payday so he can keep that ball rolling with Haymon and get Charlo.

I think the logical next fights for Munguia with the least resistance would be GGG and then the Andrade. Munguia probably moves up to 168 afterwards.
Even if munguias team has his 2022 planned out, if canelo calls them today and offers them a fight for may 2022, does Munguia turn down that shot?
Easy 10Ms for him, he just got 1.15M for the rosado fight

Best scenario would be Munguia and charlo duke it out and winner gets the lottery ticket.

Better chance of seeing the reincarnation of Jesus than that fight happening though

Back
Top Bottom