Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Golden Boy and his team.

They would be smart not to do it. Ryan is barking at the wrong person. You get hit with a shot like that from Tank and he might not get up for good. Campbell ain’t even a puncher like that and he dropped him. Imagine Tanks power catching him.

No head movement and he walks right into a vicious KO.

Maybe, but what have you seen from tank that makes you think he can take Garcia's punches? Campbell isn't a puncher but hes still a legit 135 pounder who can fight at 140 tomorrow if he wanted. Anyone can get dropped, hurt, or stopped in a pro fight.

Tanks selective matchmaking has many people fooled

The thing is Tank has a huge following and demographic-- 2.5 million IG followers. The money should be plentiful in terms of reach more than those other killers including Lopez. They're all certified. Might as well go with the option that has the biggest following

The Brinks is too big to turn down

Exactly bro. We aren't in the era where we have to let fights marinate with these young fighters who have heavy social media followings. The time to make that fight is now.

The thing is Tank has a huge following and demographic-- 2.5 million IG followers. The money should be plentiful in terms of reach more than those other killers including Lopez. They're all certified, no favorable matchups. Might as well go with the option that has the biggest following

The Brinks is too big to turn down

I agree. That Brinks is too big to turn down and them dudes both genuinely hate each other and they bosses hate each other too :lol:. That’s must watch fight.

Maybe, but what have you seen from tank that makes you think he can take Garcia's punches? Campbell isn't a puncher but hes still a legit 135 pounder who can fight at 140 tomorrow if he wanted. Anyone can get dropped, hurt, or stopped in a pro fight.

Tanks selective matchmaking has many people fooled

Matta fact let alone Tank. Teo takes his head off too but the Tank fight has to be first. I agree with you we don’t know if Tank can take punches but at the least he doesn’t just let himself get caught.

Ryan got the KO but yall see the fundamentals he lacks. no head movement, flat footed, he stays in the pocket with his chin up, runs right into punches. All those top guys are licking their chops to fight Ryan now.

Canelo & Reynoso def have to get him up to speed ASAP against those killers after what they saw tonight. He’s not even in his prime yet at only 22 so he’s still learning but those killers could change his whole career up with a vicious KO being that young.

Matta fact let alone Tank. Teo takes his head off too but the Tank fight has to be first. I agree with you we don’t know if Tank can take punches but at the least he doesn’t just let himself get caught.

Ryan got the KO but yall see the fundamentals he lacks. no head movement, flat footed, he stays in the pocket with his chin up, runs right into punches. All those top guys are licking their chops to fight Ryan now.

Canelo & Reynoso def have to get him up to speed ASAP against those killers after what they saw tonight. He’s not even in his prime yet at only 22 so he’s still learning but those killers could change his whole career up with a vicious KO being that young.

agree that’s what makes it exciting too.

I got him losing against Tank, Shakur & Teo

Devin vs Ryan is a toss up. That’s really who Ryan should be calling out first.

Going to be a telling crossroad for Garcia. Even after a win like this there's obvious improvements and glaring holes, is he going to stay hungry and keep learning or get even more of an ego. Hopefully his camp can keep him grounded with Canelo and his coach helping

Good performance by Garcia he showed heart and determination in this fight against legitimate competition. A fight between him and tank will end in ko. Idk who is getting ko though. We haven’t seen tank fight a big puncher plus tank can be hit as well. Garcia needs to work on head movement and footwork. Not be set up to easily.

Garcia’s jab is going to give Tank some issues, and we still don’t know how Tank responds to a puncher at 135 either.

The time is now to make that fight, Tank is never going to grow up, it’s a matter of time before dude gets jammed up.

Tbh i dont think that fight is happening anytime soon. Floyd is pushing tank more towards the money may direction and entirely skipping the pretty boy floyd route.

Screenshot_20210102-223537_Chrome.jpg

Damn. So he cant even make 2Ms off this fight?

Plus goldenboy and the feds takin half.

Now i see why hes so eager to be laid at the feet of Tank

if Ryan doesn’t want to move his head and keep his feet planted , he can at least learn from Canelo how to roll his head from punches.
Not a bad performance at all though .. I’ll be paying more attention to his career.

garcia-campbell-scorecard-official-2.jpg

Dirty bastard oscar.

Pic isn't loading for some reason.. but one of the judges had it 10-9 for luke in the 2nd round even with the kd.

His foot placement was terrible during this fight. He was constantly stepping on Luke’s lead foot and trying to step around it instead of trying to keep his on the outside.

He’s a great fighter but he needs to work on his fundamentals.
Those should come with more experience. Same with his ring generalship, angles, and i’d like to see him change speeds as well. Kid can punch, but once he adds more feints, he’ll be tough to beat

The fact that a judge scored Round 2 10-9, cmon bruh. We know the check cleared but don't be so obvious about it.

Impressed with Garcia's comeback though, and I didn't realize how big he was for the division. If they give him a little more time I think he can be a real tough fight for all of those dudes. I still have him as a slight underdog to Tank or Teo just because he's the greenest of all the young guys, and I'm not quite sure about his chin and/or defense now after that fight.

That said though, Teo had problems with Nakatani and even said after the fight that he's not fighting a tall fighter again. Garcia with some more experience could be a problem.

The fact that a judge scored Round 2 10-9, cmon bruh. We know the check cleared but don't be so obvious about it.

Impressed with Garcia's comeback though, and I didn't realize how big he was for the division. If they give him a little more time I think he can be a real tough fight for all of those dudes. I still have him as a slight underdog to Tank or Teo just because he's the greenest of all the young guys, and I'm not quite sure about his chin and/or defense now after that fight.

That said though, Teo had problems with Nakatani and even said after the fight that he's not fighting a tall fighter again. Garcia with some more experience could be a problem.

10-9 LOL after a knock down smh ridiculous

1. Congrats to Ryan for winning but this was a horrible performance imo. sloppy foot work, way too aggressive for no reason, keeps hands low. I didn't like his body language after getting caught. loads on punches too much. we gotta start keeping it real. Luke Campbell messed up by not jumping on him after that knock down cuz Tank, LSC, Haney and Lopez def would have.

Back
Top Bottom