OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
so uh...Kawhi basically out for the season right?

Feels like the Clippers been holding back on his status for the rest of the way

[
Legler. :emoji_hugging:

Just need those ill steelo ill steelo 's Pictures™
After G5 it was apparent they still had issues without Kawhi :lol: that 5 out was ****ing them up
Playoffs are all about finding and exploiting mismatches. Elite regular season defenses get shredded every year because they have exploitable personnel. Playoffs are just a different sport. Ty understands this & hopefully he’ll start to get some respect.

The Jazz have 3 dudes on the perimeter who they need for offense - Don, Bojan, & Clarkson. None of them defend. None of them will be benched.

They have a center who is not switchable defensively and on the other end he doesn’t even have a basic hook shot after 8 years in the league. He also won’t be benched.

So Clippers go small and switch everything. They have at least 5 decent enough defenders for Utah’s big 3, you can even put the shortest player on the roster on Rudy and he can’t hurt you. You live with Don/Bojan/Clarkson & even Conley going 1on1.

Occasionally they’ll catch fire, but outside of Don those others guys will eventually come back to earth. Always.

On the other end, Utah has a few guards and wings that can’t stop dribble penetration, and their center has to help at the rim.

So defensively I just wait for the iso bricks. See: Jordan Clarkson.

And the offensive game plan is as simple as it can possibly be:

All different possessions in this final clip :lol:

Sometimes you’ll miss like in the first half but you live with the looks. Kawhi is not playing but the drive and kick is just as difficult for Utah to guard with their personnel.

Bench Rudy and it’s a layup line.

Throw it to Rudy against the much shorter guards/wings and he can’t finish.

Cut Clarkson/Bojan’s minutes and you hurt your offense and I can still pick on Donovan.

Checkmate for the Clippers.

The only answer for Utah was to make LAC
go big so Don & Co can go at Zu. But Rudy isn’t skilled enough on the block to even hurt point guards.

Look for Rudy’s hook shot to join Ben Simmons’ jumper as a leading national talking point next year.

Everyone is getting on Rudy getting smoked on defense and rightfully so, but I think Utah’s offense was a major issue as well. Gobert couldn’t punish the Clippers for going small and the offense couldnt drive due to Gobert clogging the lane and Mitchell/Conley being hurt. Just settled for a bunch of missed threes.

I understand they would’ve got smoked on defense if they took Gobert out and went small but I have to think their offensive output would’ve been better. They stopped scoring.
Yea if you gon play Rudy you gotta help him and the offense out by having somebody that can legit feed yo buckets…Mitchell can handle the iso buckets but they gotta bring in somebody better than an old Conley to handle and dish the rock as well

[

After G5 it was apparent they still had issues without Kawhi :lol: that 5 out was ****ing them up
Playoffs are all about finding and exploiting mismatches. Elite regular season defenses get shredded every year because they have exploitable personnel. Playoffs are just a different sport. Ty understands this & hopefully he’ll start to get some respect.

The Jazz have 3 dudes on the perimeter who they need for offense - Don, Bojan, & Clarkson. None of them defend. None of them will be benched.

They have a center who is not switchable defensively and on the other end he doesn’t even have a basic hook shot after 8 years in the league. He also won’t be benched.

So Clippers go small and switch everything. They have at least 5 decent enough defenders for Utah’s big 3, you can even put the shortest player on the roster on Rudy and he can’t hurt you. You live with Don/Bojan/Clarkson & even Conley going 1on1.

Occasionally they’ll catch fire, but outside of Don those others guys will eventually come back to earth. Always.

On the other end, Utah has a few guards and wings that can’t stop dribble penetration, and their center has to help at the rim.

So defensively I just wait for the iso bricks. See: Jordan Clarkson.

And the offensive game plan is as simple as it can possibly be:

All different possessions in this final clip :lol:

Sometimes you’ll miss like in the first half but you live with the looks. Kawhi is not playing but the drive and kick is just as difficult for Utah to guard with their personnel.

Bench Rudy and it’s a layup line.

Throw it to Rudy against the much shorter guards/wings and he can’t finish.

Cut Clarkson/Bojan’s minutes and you hurt your offense and I can still pick on Donovan.

Checkmate for the Clippers.

The only answer for Utah was to make LAC
go big so Don & Co can go at Zu. But Rudy isn’t skilled enough on the block to even hurt point guards.

Look for Rudy’s hook shot to join Ben Simmons’ jumper as a leading national talking point next year.

ill steelo ill steelo Illustrations >

MOOD:

1624143155410.jpeg

🩸 🦌 :emoji_gun:

?

Kyrie sprained his ankle, could happen to anyone anytime, thats not a nagging injury or something that happens through wear and tear.

Hardens never really been an injury prone guy.
I basically agree with this but Kyrie is definitely a huge injury risk at this point. He just is. I'm a huge Kyrie guy so I'm not really slandering him. It's unfortunate.

Harden is definitely not injury prone. That's what's killing them. If he was right the series would already be over.

I basically agree with this but Kyrie is definitely a huge injury risk at this point. He just is. I'm a huge Kyrie guy so I'm not really slandering him. It's unfortunate.

Harden is definitely not injury prone. That's what's killing them. If he was right the series would already be over.

Kyrie is injury prone yeah but not in this instance which was the point I was trying to make.

Everyone is getting on Rudy getting smoked on defense and rightfully so, but I think Utah’s offense was a major issue as well. Gobert couldn’t punish the Clippers for going small and the offense couldnt drive due to Gobert clogging the lane and Mitchell/Conley being hurt. Just settled for a bunch of missed threes.

I understand they would’ve got smoked on defense if they took Gobert out and went small but I have to think their offensive output would’ve been better. They stopped scoring.

Epitome of live by the 3, die by the 3. This was when the clippers were making their run.
B400E9A4-0268-471B-A474-D75ECEB8D83E.jpeg

I’m going Bucks by 7. With Sheriff Jim a shell of himself right now, I don’t think KD is going to get enough help to for the Nets to pull the W out.

I'm rooting for Milwaukee almost out of hoping the rest of these playoffs stay intriguing/unpredictable. If Kyrie/Jim get enough time to get fairly healthy it's probably a wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom