OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul George supposedly plays defense, who knows how long that’ll last with age, but that should be an actual legitimate upgrade as long as he remains stable offensively.

A Dame/CJ/Paul George combo sounds good.

A Dame/Paul George combo just sounds like Dame/CJ to me. Them ****** aren't scaring anyone. I guess it's different cause Paul George is taller or something?
Right. Portland needs the legit 3rd piece somehow. Not just swapping CJ for someone taller and calling it a day.

Dame and PG isn't getting this team any further than they've been.

Trade would probably be really beneficial to the Clips though. CJ can be a high level PG.

I keep asking this of the "Trade CJ" contingent. Trade him for who?

Who is CJ McCollum going to bring back that makes them better? They're going to make a lateral move and the same people will be telling them to blow it up again 2 years later.

There's a WIDE GAP in the idea of trading CJ and the actual reality of it if the goal is to go from perennial playoff team to actual contender. They're more likely to take a step back.
Yeah I'd be curious what the trade market for CJ looked like.

I don't pay enough attention to Portland to know more than they're a train wreck defensively. Is he bad on that end?

A Dame/Paul George combo just sounds like Dame/CJ to me. Them ****** aren't scaring anyone. I guess it's different cause Paul George is taller or something?
PG would make them below average on d not a train wreck but they aint that much better

Another thing the “Portland needs to blow it up” contingent needs to realize is that CJ turns 30 before the start of next season and is owed over $30MM per year through 2023-2024. Dame is going to be getting $50MM per year by the end of CJ’s deal with another at $55MM. They committed to that duo and just have to ride it out at this point unlesss they can fleece someone. Fire Stotts and see what happens.

portland trading for George Paul gonna make Dame finally say " trade me"
Baby Bye GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The Suns 3 and D guys have basically given them little to nothing in this series and it's why they're losing. Bridges/Crowder/Johnson averaged 33 a game during the regular season and are only at 23 a game in this series. CP being hurt obviously doesn't help things, but Camron Pain has kind of played out of his mind in the minutes he's been out there.

PG would make them below average on d not a train wreck but they aint that much better

Blazers had the 29th out of 30 adjusted Defensive Rating. We can’t underrate what going from second-worst to 17th-22nd can do for a team that has offense and would continue to with Dame and PG.

George Paul just going to vanish again once playoffs come around.
portland trading for George Paul gonna make Dame finally say " trade me"
Baby Bye GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
Trade him right to Clippers. LOL. In all a seriousness Dame in a Knicks uni, as much as he likes the big moment in the regular season.
The Suns 3 and D guys have basically given them little to nothing in this series and it's why they're losing. Bridges/Crowder/Johnson averaged 33 a game during the regular season and are only at 23 a game in this series. CP being hurt obviously doesn't help things, but Camron Pain has kind of played out of his mind in the minutes he's been out there.
I swear CP3 just needs to sit out the entire season. Dude can't get through the playoffs without getting injured.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom