OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtics are actually in a good position. I wouldn’t move anyone significant, they’re literally a healthy team and a solid starting big away from a ECF bid.
What’s the point of the Celtics continuing to make no-chance ECF bids? Not to mention the East around them has gotten much better than it used to be.

At the very least they badly need a playmaker and yes, a big if Robert Williams still can’t stay healthy. Or maybe a new coach can institute a more functional offense?

Celtics are actually in a good position. I wouldn’t move anyone significant, they’re literally a healthy team and a solid starting big away from a ECF bid.

With the Nets possibly staying together past this season and Giannis trying to make his MVP’s count it’s gonna be tough. Especially when you’re losing to random Heat teams at that.

What’s the point of the Celtics continuing to make no-chance ECF bids? Not to mention the East around them has gotten much better than it used to be.

At the very least they badly need a playmaker and yes, a big if Robert Williams still can’t stay healthy.

In their defense they’re never healthy when they need to be. But also they have a very good foundation (Tatum, Brown, Smart). No need to tear that apart for a sideways move. Also realistically there are really only 2-3 contenders per year. You need a top 5 player to win it all. They might have one going forward.

Gotta stop throwing Browns name around in garbage offers. He’s legit. I was so wrong about him it’s crazy.

Hearing Jerome Allen's name too

jerome_allen_celtics_photo_jpg.jpg

Celtics back to the projects for me feeling better this morning since the Show in shambles right now.

In their defense they’re never healthy when they need to be. But also they have a very good foundation (Tatum, Brown, Smart). No need to tear that apart for a sideways move. Also realistically there are really only 2-3 contenders per year. You need a top 5 player to win it all. They might have one going forward.
It sounds to me like you’re saying the Celtics should just run it back and with better luck they’ll be at the level of the Nets, Sixers and Bucks (all teams which made very aggressive changes last season). Do you really believe that?

It sounds to me like you’re saying the Celtics should just run it back and with better luck they’ll be at the level of the Nets, Sixers and Bucks (all teams which made very aggressive changes last season). Do you really believe that

Yes run it back with actual starting/rotational bigs. Look at the big man rotation they have out there. Those guys shouldn’t be getting playoff minutes. I can’t even name them off the top of my head.

Did the Bucks trade Middleton or Giannis?

Did the Sixers trade Simmons, Harris, Embiid?

No you build on top of your foundation. Especially at their current ages.

Theis was probably elevated to a spot too high, but he was fine. Time Lord just can't stay healthy, but he's good.

Yes run it back with actual starting/rotational bigs. Look at the big man rotation they have out there. Those guys shouldn’t be getting playoff minutes. I can’t even name them off the top of my head.
I mean yeah... that’s one of the many issues they have. It’s far from the only issue. Their offense also looked broken at times, they are lacking playmaking, lacking toughness, their recent draft picks don’t look special and two of their key players (Williams and Kemba) are highly injury prone.

You’re also asking way too much out of Tatum who while fantastic is not an MVP type of player right now. And who knows if he and Brown really even can fit together offensively.

I mean yeah... that’s one of the many issues they have. It’s far from the only issue. Their offense also looked broken at times, they are lacking playmaking, lacking toughness, their recent draft picks don’t look special and two of their key players (Williams and Kemba) are highly injury prone.

Kemba was never injury prone before this year though. this was his worse season by far. Lacking toughness I disagree. I don’t think Smart, Tatum, Brown play soft.

They have rotational pieces that can score. Literally legit rotational bigs away from actually being good and making noise.

I wouldn’t panic and make a dumb roster shaking move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom