OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
were there people praising the Reggie Jackson acquisition? lol

genuinely curious. From what I recall everyone was down on him since he left OKC

The Detroit Years >>>

blake_reggie.jpg

SmartSelect_20210617-113730_Chrome.jpg

francis.png

A lot of the comparison was based not only on their size and past first play making ability, it was based on projection. People knew that Ben Simmons didn't have a jump shot but they projected that he would get one and eventually become a Hall of famer.

We've been saying it for years now but the most tragic part about Ben Simmons career is that he came into the league 90% of the player he is now. He's gotten better, just not at the rate and he was expected. He was essentially a finished product by year three

I get it, but I personally never saw Ben in that light.
Like yeah he had his moments, but he was never THAT you know.
We all see how special Luka is. I feel like it's just certain dudes that you just immediately know.
I did think he'd be better than this though. He's maxed out in year 2.

what reggie is doing is wild but lets not act like the clips knew exactly they were doing all along with him
Not sure if that even matters. Reggie is cooking now, and Lakers fans are still profusely inquiring about his availability after this season.

I get it, but I personally never saw Ben in that light.
Like yeah he had his moments, but he was never THAT you know.
We all see how special Luka is. I feel like it's just certain dudes that you just immediately know.
I did think he'd be better than this though. He's maxed out in year 2.

Maybe it's just me but I had high hopes for Ben Simmons after his rookie year. Let's not forget he averaged 16/8/8 on 54% shooting. He never had that natural scoring ability but I thought the sky was the limit for him. I thought the scoring in the offensive "bag" would develop over time like it did for Anthony Davis...it just never happened.

Part of this is Ben resting on his laurels and natural ability but personally, I blame Philadelphia's front office for not holding him accountable.

Screenshot_20210617-142104_Chrome.jpg

Since he was drafted, Philadelphia coaches and their front office have essentially said "We love Ben Simmons for who he is and we won't try to change him". Bruh, what?

Last edited:
Laughing at the video is one thing, but the dude getting rewarded basically for beating the **** out of someone over a basketball game is actually kind of sad.

Over a basketball game? The other dude poured a drink on the back of his head :lol:

I don’t think anyone in here would let that fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom