OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bobby Layne Bobby Layne newbs24 newbs24 @swendro

Looks like McNamara entered the portal though I’m sure that’s not a huge surprise since JJ will obviously be keeping the job.

JustBlaze. JustBlaze.

I know there’s no truth to this as it was thrown out in a show, but man I’ll throw in some money too to get him at OSU :rofl:

https://www.on3.com/college/north-c...rth-carolina-unc-quarterback-nil-dan-patrick/

He was committed to ND at one point, I’d expect him to give them a look.

I’d hate to see him stay in the conference but he’d be perfect stopgap at Iowa or Wisconsin.

If any of you wondered why I hate Utah, besides their football team being dirty and their state being racist, their beat writers post unserious, unfunny things like this:

aepps20 aepps20 you donate the america first background?

Trey Henderson removed all the Ohio State stuff off his socials, wouldn’t be shocked if he left now that Hayden has been looking better during his regression. Fleming probably going to be gone too

N41D N41D tmay407 tmay407 you hearing anything about A&M throwing a bag at Hartline to be their OC?

Trey Henderson removed all the Ohio State stuff off his socials, wouldn’t be shocked if he left now that Hayden has been looking better during his regression. Fleming probably going to be gone too

N41D N41D tmay407 tmay407 you hearing anything about A&M throwing a bag at Hartline to be their OC?
A&M should not be throwing the bag at anyone. You figured they would have learned their lesson.

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne newbs24 newbs24 @swendro

Looks like McNamara entered the portal though I’m sure that’s not a huge surprise since JJ will obviously be keeping the job.

JustBlaze. JustBlaze.

I know there’s no truth to this as it was thrown out in a show, but man I’ll throw in some money too to get him at OSU :rofl:

https://www.on3.com/college/north-c...rth-carolina-unc-quarterback-nil-dan-patrick/
Once JJ got the nod and Cade had surgery, it was bound to happen... I think its Iowa for him but ND could be an option.

So there was stuff coming out over the past week that Auburn’s admin was blocking the Hugh Freeze hire specifically because of his weirdness with the Liberty sexual assault survivor. Him harassing her came off like witness/victim intimidation and Auburn’s administration and advisors wanted them nowhere near it. They see a Title IX nightmare waiting to happen (especially since there’s dozens of reports of him DMing and harassing reporters and non football people on socials.)

It’s where the James Franklin talk popped up from with rumors of his agent pushing him to Auburn hard and he was the plan c because the admin could sell past success in the SEC and B1G. The rumors also had more legitimacy to them because he just signed a new deal so its less likely a leverage play.

Seems like in the end the Auburn boosters won out.

So there was stuff coming out over the past week that Auburn’s admin was blocking the Hugh Freeze hire specifically because of his weirdness with the Liberty sexual assault survivor. Him harassing her came off like witness/victim intimidation and Auburn’s administration and advisors wanted them nowhere near it. They see a Title IX nightmare waiting to happen (especially since there’s dozens of reports of him DMing and harassing reporters and non football people on socials.)

It’s where the James Franklin talk popped up from with rumors of his agent pushing him to Auburn hard and he was the plan c because the admin could sell past success in the SEC and B1G. The rumors also had more legitimacy to them because he just signed a new deal so its less likely a leverage play.

Seems like in the end the Auburn boosters won out.

Wow. Makes sense. He’s a scumbag. I still think they’ll regret hiring him.

Rattler transferring to Nebraska and following his OC?

Does he have to sit since this is #2?
Great question... Doesn't take much to be better than Padilla or Petras... Doesn't mean much with Ferentz Jr calling the plays but catch lightning in a bottle and the West is an easy win

If any of you wondered why I hate Utah, besides their football team being dirty and their state being racist, their beat writers post unserious, unfunny things like this:

aepps20 aepps20 you donate the america first background?

I sure did. No greater contribution than this. Very proud to be a Utes fan and an SC fan. I'm going to yell "Roll Tide" with everything that I have on Friday.

He’s a HC candidate at Cincinnati

I’ve heard it…

I don’t know that I buy it.

I just heard the Cincy stuff too. I figured they’d want Herman over him (if Herman is truly a candidate) due to previous experience. It would be interesting to see him as a coordinator with playcalling duties, I think he would kill it. IF Jimbo is going to let him actually call the plays?

I just heard the Cincy stuff too. I figured they’d want Herman over him (if Herman is truly a candidate) due to previous experience. It would be interesting to see him as a coordinator with playcalling duties, I think he would kill it. IF Jimbo is going to let him actually call the plays?
I have a hard time believing Jimbo’s giving play calling duty to a guy that’s never called plays.

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom