OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess Mario has filled out the rest of the staff in advance of spring practices. New OC/QB coach, WR, RB, DC/S, DE/OLB and ILB coach. Year 1 was a unmitigated disaster, but glad that he cut bait quickly and came back with a new band of guys.

One good recruiting class and Deion got them thinking anyone wants them ?

He better hope they don’t leave, they’ll get drug in the B1G or SEC. Better hope for the mid *** B12

*I know I know Deion is the GOAT coach and gonna win 7-8 games this year*

One good recruiting class and Deion got them thinking anyone wants them ?
Define good?
He better hope they don’t leave, they’ll get drug in the B1G or SEC. Better hope for the mid *** B12

*I know I know Deion is the GOAT coach and gonna win 7-8 games this year*

Deion focused on the band. Great marketer, let’s see how the actual football works

I’m cool with it, it’s too big of a draw for it not to happen. B10 will definitely cannibalize Itself every year but with the expanded playoff it’ll be alright.

I do fear if OSU does have Mich, USC, and PSU every year they will stop with the big OOC game against another P5 team (usually) every year

If I’m OSU I’d be pissed about having UM, USC and PSU. They need to give them one mid-to-bottom tier team to balance things out but it’s all about TV ratings.

If I’m OSU I’d be pissed about having UM, USC and PSU. They need to give them one mid-to-bottom tier team to balance things out but it’s all about TV ratings.

I’d be fine with dropping PSU and picking up Illinois. And that’s not me saying that because Illinois is typically bad (though it would balance it out), but it was in fact an actual rivalry game at one point and for the personal reason of getting to see them here in Champaign every other year.

Penn State isn’t really a rivalry game, they build it up each year because they’re usually two of the better B1G teams even though OSU has won like 5-6 in a row

It’s amazing.. you know multiple dudes that played in front of you went in the 1st last year

and you should know you 1 of multiple dudes who going go in the 1st this year

that‘s just dline

You can do that when you have the talent they have up front

had 2 DTs, a DE and a LB all go in the 1st last year (plus a safety)

and they got the better dude from that front 7 in this draft

I’d be fine with dropping PSU and picking up Illinois. And that’s not me saying that because Illinois is typically bad (though it would balance it out), but it was in fact an actual rivalry game at one point and for the personal reason of getting to see them here in Champaign every other year.

Penn State isn’t really a rivalry game, they build it up each year because they’re usually two of the better B1G teams even though OSU has won like 5-6 in a row

🔥
1677732603801.jpeg

nako xl nako xl you hear anything about Oregon coming to the B1G for less than what the other schools will be making?
A year ago. Oregon and Washington don’t add financial value to the other teams in the conference. Their addition would actually lower the individual payouts to each school unlike USC and UCLA who increased the overall deal.

One suggested solution was them joining and receiving a lower annual share than the other schools for the first several years to make up the difference, which they wouldn’t like but would eat to get in. Some other conferences have done that. But that wasn’t actually being offered to them by the B1G. It was phil knight saying **** to the press trying to influence things.

Even taking a lower share doesn’t add any value, it just keeps the schools from taking as big a financial hit by letting the west coast schools in. But then if you’re a lower B1G school that’s just another school (whose academics and sports over everything focus you don’t like) that would probably beat you on the field. Why would you agree to that?

A year ago. Oregon and Washington don’t add financial value to the other teams in the conference. Their addition would actually lower the individual payouts to each school unlike USC and UCLA who increased the overall deal.

One suggested solution was them joining and receiving a lower annual share than the other schools for the first several years to make up the difference, which they wouldn’t like but would eat to get in. Some other conferences have done that. But that wasn’t actually being offered to them by the B1G. It was phil knight saying **** to the press trying to influence things.

Even taking a lower share doesn’t add any value, it just keeps the schools from taking as big a financial hit by letting the west coast schools in. But then if you’re a lower B1G school that’s just another school (whose academics and sports over everything focus you don’t like) that would probably beat you on the field. Why would you agree to that?

Are you concerned with the travel aspect of being in the B1G? People keep bringing it up but USC/UCLA knew what they were signing up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom