OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done listening to the CFB nerds and they brought up a very good point. People's often say that the FCS football has things figured out with their playoff format but they fail to mention that the same team has won 9 out of the last 11 FCS national championships.

Making a player field larger isn't going to give us any different winners, it's just going to give the same small group of teams multiple mulligans in the regular season and still providing them an opportunity to make the playoffs.

If you want different teams winning, you should want a smaller field instead of a larger field. Look how many different BCS champions we had as opposed to CFP champs.

Just got done listening to the CFB nerds and they brought up a very good point. People's often say that the FCS football has things figured out with their playoff format but they fail to mention that the same team has won 9 out of the last 11 FCS national championships.

Making a player field larger isn't going to give us any different winners, it's just going to give the same small group of teams multiple mulligans in the regular season and still providing them an opportunity to make the playoffs.

If you want different teams winning, you should want a smaller field instead of a larger field. Look how many different BCS champions we had as opposed to CFP champs.
I don’t think that comparing the FCS and playoffs to this is even a good comparison. Regardless, there’s going to be a small group of teams who have a chance to win a title each year. We basically see this across most sports. How would making this pool smaller make for more parity? We already know that the polls have an insane built in SEC bias. This isn’t the early BCS days anymore where you had a strong Miami, FSU, Texas and USC. That’s kind of a bad argument if you ask me.

SmartSelect_20220903-223826_Chrome.jpg

Wait, I think my brain glossed over it when y’all were talking about it before, Penix beat out Huard for the job?

oregon uga went as we all probably ultimately expected. bo nix really aint it, either

surprised ND hung around as long as they did. good on them

Spencer Rattler was super mid in his South Carolina debut. Georgia State is a legit team

TBF this the the Rattler season opener special

2021 Season Opener
Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 5.58.57 AM.png

2020 2nd game of season
Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 6.00.31 AM.png

:lol: TJ Finley already got yanked. :smh:

Calzada gonna be starting by the end of season. TJ stayed because he knew Harsin would let it be his job to lose to start the season. He wasn't transferring and starting the season off at any other big school.

How does Rattler throw 2 INT’s against Georgia ****ing state? :rofl:

And Bo Nix is supposed to be the guy for Oregon? Come on man

I said this off season that Bo Nix could have held EVERY major passing record at Auburn, be the legacy kid that lived out dad's/fan's dream and in 2 years be a SEC Network commentator....

But NOOOOO he messed up everything by going to Oregon and to try to "improve his nonexistent draft stock"

The irony is that his first ever start was the 2019 season opener, when they upset #11 Oregon in Cowboys Stadium, and he was a true freshman :lol:

Wasn’t nako xl nako xl trying to say he was good last year and then admitted he hadn’t actually watched him? :lol:
Elite QB evaluations, he said. :lol:

TJ just ain’t any good. Robbie Ashford isn’t, either. Calzada sucks but he’s gonna play this year at some point.

Yesterday was fun. Saturdays are back. :pimp:

I don’t think that comparing the FCS and playoffs to this is even a good comparison. Regardless, there’s going to be a small group of teams who have a chance to win a title each year. We basically see this across most sports. How would making this pool smaller make for more parity? We already know that the polls have an insane built in SEC bias. This isn’t the early BCS days anymore where you had a strong Miami, FSU, Texas and USC. That’s kind of a bad argument if you ask me.

NDSU is a unique situation too like 90’s Nebraska, and their dominance has coincided with a lot of the premier FCS programs jumping ship to the FBS and them staying.

Will Brian Kelly do da Griddy if they beat FSU? If he does he will be my FAVORITE COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom