OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it for the kid. Super talented, top 150 player who suffered a serious injury and spring 2022 and has now left the Georgia football team. I hope he can play football again but if not, I just hope you can live a productive life

I always wonder why every coaching cycle Klieman's name doesn't get mentioned more. Smart move by the Cats.

Bohl is the one who built NDSU, and in general I don’t really feel like ADs really respect success at the lower levels. I don’t think something like Tress to OSU would happen in today’s day and age.

I agree with you tho, I think he’s a good coach.

Bohl is the one who built NDSU, and in general I don’t really feel like ADs really respect success at the lower levels. I don’t think something like Tress to OSU would happen in today’s day and age.

I agree with you tho, I think he’s a good coach.

Great perspective on that. Maybe it is the little brother syndrome that KSU has but they were all up in arms that Leipold's name was being mentioned for Nebraska while Kleiman wasn't.

Great perspective on that. Maybe it is the little brother syndrome that KSU has but they were all up in arms that Leipold's name was being mentioned for Nebraska while Kleiman wasn't.
Which is weird considering other Big 12 schools have a conniption whenever their coaches’ names gets brought up, even for nfl jobs.

Wasn’t it revealed tho Klieman was one of the guys Alberts was interested in and was going to circle back to if Rhule didn’t work out?

Rhule will be fine there and elevate them to respectability probably but he’s going to dip as soon as PSU opens up. I still think either Klieman or Leipold would have been better hires.

I mean who in the B12 will be favored against Texas? Minus a random loss they should be favored to win the B12

I’d swap OSU with Bama or a P12 team, I still see us dropping to Michigan, PSU, and ND depending on how Hartman looks

You guys still top to bottom are more talented than PSU and it’s in CBus.

ND could be tricky if it was an opener but you guys got three weeks to iron out the kinks, I think you’re fine.

I still don’t think the conference as whole is going to be all that good outside the top 3.

You guys still top to bottom are more talented than PSU and it’s in CBus.

ND could be tricky if it was an opener but you guys got three weeks to iron out the kinks, I think you’re fine.

I still don’t think the conference as whole is going to be all that good outside the top 3.

I just worry after the game last year that they’ll be better this year and Franklin will finally pull through. What’s funny is you guys are -2.5 favorites against them and -3 against us (as of now). Not that it’s a huge difference.

And yeah I don’t see the conference being much different than last year. The East will have the same top 3 (in whatever order) as always. I think Illinois takes a step back and Iowa will still be Iowa as long as Ferentz and his boy are still running things. Maybe Wisconsin and Nebraska will both level up in year 1 but who knows

I just worry after the game last year that they’ll be better this year and Franklin will finally pull through. What’s funny is you guys are -2.5 favorites against them and -3 against us (as of now). Not that it’s a huge difference.

And yeah I don’t see the conference being much different than last year. The East will have the same top 3 (in whatever order) as always. I think Illinois takes a step back and Iowa will still be Iowa as long as Ferentz and his boy are still running things. Maybe Wisconsin and Nebraska will both level up in year 1 but who knows

The West is wide open IMO. I can see Iowa or Wisconsin winning it with Nebraska or maybe Illinois behind them.

Purdue has a tough schedule so I think they’re going to struggle, nobody knows how good/bad Luke Altmyer is gonna be at Illinois, Northwestern is Northwestern.

If Sark is sober and Ewers makes the next step they could be there at the end
I don't understand how y'all like to take jabs at a man that fought alcoholism. I dealt with it a little bit when I was younger and it is real. But yeah Ewers have to take the next step and Sark has to keep his foot on the gas.

I don't understand how y'all like to take jabs at a man that fought alcoholism. I dealt with it a little bit when I was younger and it is real. But yeah Ewers have to take the next step and Sark has to keep his foot on the gas.
He’s still fighting it and we worry about his sobriety. Nothing funny about it. He shouldn’t be coaching anyone and had he looked differently he wouldn’t be. Sark’s sobriety is under pressure ever single day and it is a legitimate concern.

He’s still fighting it and we worry about his sobriety. Nothing funny about it. He shouldn’t be coaching anyone and had he looked differently he wouldn’t be. Sark’s sobriety is under pressure ever single day and it is a legitimate concern.
He will probably be dealing with it for the rest of his life. But haven't seen anything that states that he fell off the wagon on close to it. I think he has to fight off the boosters and pressure of being the coach of the Longhorns more than falling off the wagon. I love my Horns but I don't see how anyone can deal with those old farts in Austin. Maybe it will be better since Racist Red passed away.

He will probably be dealing with it for the rest of his life. But haven't seen anything that states that he fell off the wagon on close to it. I think he has to fight off the boosters and pressure of being the coach of the Longhorns more than falling off the wagon. I love my Horns but I don't see how anyone can deal with those old farts in Austin. Maybe it will be better since Racist Red passed away.
I’m proud of you for overcoming this disease. With Sark it is the pressure that comes with a program of a caliber of Texas that worries me. Pressure makes us do bad things sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom