OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting how the talk changes when money is involved.

Prime gonna be good there but not this year.

I don't understand why it's hard for folks to realize that.

4 to 5 wins max and with the schedule this year, that would actually be great.

All that “hater talk” gets real quiet when you ask them to put their money up :lol:

I'm not trying to be dramatic but I think this will hurt his draft stock.

He's 25, you assume that he'd be more mature than most college QBs. Public intoxication is stuff freshmen do. Stetson is older than 10 NFL starting (and older than 3 out of the 4 starting QBs in the conference titles games). Could you imagine Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Brock Purdy getting a public intoxication charge?

He's in the draft process and he can't keep his nose clean? I'm not trying to get on my moral high horse about drinking but this isn't a good look.

Weird I think I remember picking your drunk *** up in the middle of the night around those parts in the past… 🤔
Nah I was like 1.5 miles from there at least kinda close to the bars in Deep Ellum :lol:

He was pretty close to one of the best breakfast burrito spots in Dallas though (La Victoria). And all those newer townhouses over there look exactly the same, pretty easy to get lost drunk or not.

I'm not trying to be dramatic but I think this will hurt his draft stock.

He's 25, you assume that he'd be more mature than most college QBs. Public intoxication is stuff freshmen do. Stetson is older than 10 NFL starting (and older than 3 out of the 4 starting QBs in the conference titles games). Could you imagine Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Brock Purdy getting a public intoxication charge?

He's in the draft process and he can't keep his nose clean? I'm not trying to get on my moral high horse about drinking but this isn't a good look.

This was my initial thought. He’s going to be a potential 5th rounder or something the last I saw? Screw ups like this can be the difference between going in the 5th round and going undrafted. I get that everyone drinks but dude seems really immature.

The only guys who look good in the Senior Bowl are “tools” guys. I’d at least still be down there to do interviews with teams, but I don’t blame him for not wanting to be throwing to a bunch of guys he has 0 chemistry with.

The only guys who look good in the Senior Bowl are “tools” guys. I’d at least still be down there to do interviews with teams, but I don’t blame him for not wanting to be throwing to a bunch of guys he has 0 chemistry with.
It’s not just that though. Teams watch the way you practice and communicate as well. If you’re a borderline guy you gotta capitalize on every opportunity to earn draft points.

What’s gonna hurt Stetson’s draft stock is being a sub-6’ grandpa quarterback who’s a mediocre athlete with a mediocre arm and ducking competition, testing, throwing outside his Pro Day, etc for the next few months.

Him getting drunk and stumbling around Deep Ellum is a big who cares. He’s a white dude that’s won and been a leader of championship teams. He’ll interview well and own the mistake and nobody will care.

It’s everything else that’s gonna be a problem.

What’s gonna hurt Stetson’s draft stock is being a sub-6’ grandpa quarterback who’s a mediocre athlete with a mediocre arm and ducking competition, testing, throwing outside his Pro Day, etc for the next few months.

Him getting drunk and stumbling around Deep Ellum is a big who cares. He’s a white dude that’s won and been a leader of championship teams. He’ll interview well and own the mistake and nobody will care.

It’s everything else that’s gonna be a problem.
I've heard a lot of people say that scouts are talking about drafting him to be a good lockerroom guy and good influence on other players. All sorts of coded language special traits in there.

EE freshman linebacker, Tackett Curtis. Dude who was giving Arch fits. Defense looking up aepps20 aepps20

11599747.jpeg

Nah I was like 1.5 miles from there at least kinda close to the bars in Deep Ellum :lol:

He was pretty close to one of the best breakfast burrito spots in Dallas though (La Victoria). And all those newer townhouses over there look exactly the same, pretty easy to get lost drunk or not.

La Victoria
(214) 827-0101

Is this the place you talking about? I travel a lot… I always save restaurants/places to go on Google maps when I hear somebody talk about a spot.

In fact, I should be in Dallas tomorrow. More in the Fort Worth area though.

Been seeing a lot of "Who's the 2nd best QB in the NFL" talk and debates after last night's game and thought that would be a fun game to play in here. Each day ask who's the 2nd best player at their position. But since players don't really stay longer than 3 years anymore, maybe the more fun game would be:

Who's the best QB of the last 10 years (2013-2022) and who's the 2nd best QB in that same span of time, and why?

1. Burrow - led the best college football team in that span of time to a 15-0 season and put up incredible stats doing so. There's an argument to be made, that he's just swaggy Jared Goff, and his supporting cast in both college and the NFL make him look better than he is, but that's not my belief.

2. Caleb Williams - Had a movie like freshman season and as a follow up, single handedly carried a 4-8 team to an 11-1 regular season and the brink of the playoffs, throwing 40+ TDs to guys you've never heard of (besides Addison and Mario Williams.)

skeletor-laughing-running.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom