• USA

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Mexico

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be honest I was for sure my 23 and me report would show French decent after MBappe scored da hat trick. I like French fries and other French cuisine and my French is getting better every day. I root for da PSGEETLES and I’ve forgiven Rudy Gobert for exposing his team to Covid. It wasn’t until the final whistle blew that I had the courage to open the report and just like I said pre WC, “my 23 and me report will say whatever it needs to say” and just like magic it came back for Argentina. AMAZING how that works.
Take a day off. Merry Christmas

wait hold up, the most dangerous neighborhood in Portugal is called "Jamaica"?!?!??
Yeah. A couple of things in Portgual is named after the Country. Clubs etc. I figure it has something to do with that migration of Portuguese that moved to Jamaica back in the 1800s, which is why you sometimes run into some Jamaicans in present day with some Portugese/ Brazilian and sometimes spaniard, sounding names.

Yeah. A couple of things in Portgual is named after the Country. Clubs etc. I figure it has something to do with that migration of Portuguese that moved to Jamaica back in the 1800s, which is why you sometimes run into some Jamaicans in present day with some Portugese/ Brazilian and sometimes spaniard, sounding names.

This is like when I found out Sean Paul was Portuguese.

Has the most Portuguese last name ever. “Henriques”.

Another place that surprised me where Portuguese people went was Hawaii. Like how did they even get there? A boat from Europe to Hawaii would take like half a year during those times.

Another place that surprised me where Portuguese people went was Hawaii. Like how did they even get there? A boat from Europe to Hawaii would take like half a year during those times.
Yeah, Jamaica is a melting pot hence why the motto is out of many, one people. One part of my family is partially Syrian then you look at me and I'm black.

Yeah, Jamaica is a melting pot hence why the motto is out of many, one people. One part of my family is partially Syrian then you look at me and I'm black.

Yea I was surprised to learn at how many Portuguese went to the non-Latin speaking parts of the West Indies and Bermuda.

A lot of them.

You forget that Magellan was putting in work :lol:

Before England, France and Spain, Portugal and The Netherlands were the first global superpowers.
Yep, but this was strictly because they made use of the sea(they had no choice) and did tons of exploration which lead to trading with India, Africa and the rest of Asia. Once England realized that there was more to life than Europe and fighting with France, they quickly overtook the two countries in question. Hence why the British East Indian Company despite starting way after, was able to outperform the Dutch East India Company and basically beat them into financial ruin.

Depends how far back in time you wanna go. The arabs, romans, egpyptians, greeks, ottomans were "global superpowers"

Can't be a global anything if they didnt know the western hemisphere even existed. The Ottomans could have been but intentionally chose not to.

Yep, but this was strictly because they made use of the sea(they had no choice) and did tons of exploration which lead to trading with India, Africa and the rest of Asia. Once England realized that there was more to life than Europe and fighting with France, they quickly overtook the two countries in question. Hence why the British East Indian Company despite starting way after, was able to outperform the Dutch East India Company and basically beat them into financial ruin.

Yea, I can't disagree with this, just saying the Portuguese and Dutch did it first. Which is why you'll see that for a time, they had their hand in a pot everywhere.

Jamaica is 97% people of African descent, forget about this "out of many one people crap" - this isnt the thread to have these discussions those

Back
Top Bottom