OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ROC Nation out here telling MGM to take a seat, I’m about to take anything valuable you have left.

Crazy he would have door dash.

I'm glad these guys can make thier money.

Bryce seems like he's a good dude so I don't want to call him a liar but I highly doubt he was door dashing to make ends meet. His folks are pretty well off and he was the #1 recruit in the nation. I'm pretty sure he was taken care of at Bama.

Top recruits were getting money long before NIL.

Man Oregon having to settle and join the B12 when they had B1G aspirations, woof :lol:

But man if this is the case the PAC is donezo

Bryce seems like he's a good dude so I don't want to call him a liar but I highly doubt he was door dashing to make ends meet. His folks are pretty well off and he was the #1 recruit in the nation. I'm pretty sure he was taken care of at Bama.

"I don't wanna call him a liar, but he's lying."

Not all well off families let their kids coast through life. Some are actually good parents. :lol:

Weird to take aim at this.

Man Oregon having to settle and join the B12 when they had B1G aspirations, woof :lol:

Not many even ponied up or cared enough to switch cable companies for the Pac12 Network. The incompetence is wild.

How many of those people are currently subscribed because they have a free subscription through TMobile or Verizon or whoever was giving those out for free?

My wife and I have AppleTV+, but it’s because we’re using her mom’s free subscription.

Top recruits were getting money long before

Would be stunned if this was a lie.

And his family is not well off like that.

Any NIL money that went to BY was heavily watched by his parents, unlike some kids once they got their first deal.

"I don't wanna call him a liar, but he's lying."

Not all well off families let their kids coast through life. Some are actually good parents. :lol:

Weird to take aim at this.

Would be stunned if this was a lie.

And his family is not well off like that.

Any NIL money that went to BY was heavily watched by his parents, unlike some kids once they got their first deal.

My bad. Even back in my days at UGA well over a decade ago, the top recruits were taken care of so they didn't have to have side jobs and these guys were nowhere near the caliber of recruit or player that Bryce Young is. I guess every situation is different and maybe his family didn't want him taking extra money

Apple TV costs $6.99 a month.

If they do it like MLS season pass then it’s $99 (or $14.99 per/mo) for a year or $12.99 per month for existing Apple TV+ subscribers.

But much more likely do it like they do the MLB Apple TV collaboration and make it free to watch with the subscription.

My bad. Even back in my days at UGA well over a decade ago, the top recruits were taken care of so they didn't have to have side jobs and these guys were nowhere near the caliber of recruit or player that Bryce Young is. I guess every situation is different and maybe his family didn't want him taking extra money
Lol Bryce’s family got a fall crib out in Tuscaloosa so they could be close by for his home games. They said they got advised by Tua’s dad on doing it. They were probably fine financially.

I do believe he worked that job, though. He said it was his freshman year and specifically before the “NIL” (wink wink) hit. He also said he was selective and would only take specific types of orders.

As someone mentioned he has good parents. It’s also not hard to believe the freshman backup QB wasn’t hurting for money but still wanted a side hustle to earn some extra spending money.

I'll be in Dallas the week of the UT bama game..I'm thinking about making a trip to Austin..even though it's an away game for UT I'm sure Austin is going to be rocking

Before the NIL, dudes had to get creative when they needed money for certain things cuz you couldn’t get spending money directly and in the open…Yo just couldn’t ask Saban for bread to take a joint to Benihanas so a couple days of door dash it is :lol: …Doesnt mean Bryce was hurting or anything like that, just wanted extra money

Before the NIL, dudes had to get creative when they needed money for certain things cuz you couldn’t get spending money directly and in the open…Yo just couldn’t ask Saban for bread to take a joint to Benihanas so a couple days of door dash it is :lol: …Doesnt mean Bryce was hurting or anything like that, just wanted extra money

It just occurred to me that if he does DoorDash and is selective with which orders he does, only doing leave at front door drops, and wearing a mask to ensure the tipper can’t “recognize” him, then there’s a degree of separation if he gets a $500-1000 tip. It’s the McDonald’s bags without any hand to hand.

Focus is on possibly adding Oregon and Washington to move to 18 members or Cal and Stanford to reach 20.

four of the schools at the original meeting scheduled one with another conference.

favorite-facts.gif

Back
Top Bottom