OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean we saw Lincoln quit on the biggest game of the season against Oklahoma State in 2021 but USC still decided THAT'S the guy we want.
IMG_2125.png

7th best in SEC is like top 20 in the nation? Not bad at all.
8th best if you consider Florida a better job, which I do. That said, I agree that still puts A&M in the top 15-20 range in the nation

I don’t know man, I actually think A&M is a better job compared to Florida. More resources, more alumni/donor support, equally good recruiting area, but UF has had more success. I have A&M at like #5 or #6 in the SEC. They just haven’t won anything but that’s what happens when you hire ****ty coaches.

Don’t think I agree with this but interesting nonetheless.

This is basically what I said a couple of days ago. Texas A&M is a great job with great resources, fans support, NIL money and access to talent but basically half of the SEC can say the same thing. Yes, Texas A&M has more money and resources than most of the other schools in the SEC but that's never been the biggest factor in winning.

Next season, you can make an argument that 8 out of the 10 best jobs in college football will be in the SEC. If Texas A&M we're in a different conference it would have a huge advantage but in the SEC they are just in a pack with a lot of other elite teams with high expectations.

I just don't think it's realistic for Texas A&M fans to expect their program to be a consistent 10 win team playing the toughest conference in a country.

Last edited:
What makes a job a great job? I think a lot of these coaches are frauds and aren't really great unless they have more talent. It's no wonder that most are trash when they go to the NFL. Jimbo leaves huge shoes to fill. That might sound crazy but it's true. A&M has had resources and the ability to recruit talent before Jimbo so obviously talent isn't the problem. They need a really great and smart coach. Sadly that's hard to find and is a reason why some of the worst coaches keep getting jobs.

Would UCLA look at Deion?

Honestly, I don’t see Coach Prime leaving this year. Shedeur can’t transfer after this season. I’m sure he wants to coach his kids, and everything is working out for him in Colorado. The fan base loves him, the team is decent, and he can coach his family. After next season though when Shedeur likely goes to the draft and after hopefully a better season, he will likely be a hotter ticket. Just my thoughts though.

Honestly, I don’t see Coach Prime leaving this year. Shedeur can’t transfer after this season. I’m sure he wants to coach his kids, and everything is working out for him in Colorado. The fan base loves him, the team is decent, and he can coach his family. After next season though when Shedeur likely goes to the draft and after hopefully a better season, he will likely be a hotter ticket. Just my thoughts though.
They will be in the Big 12 too and it will be wide open

Is that a better job than Ole Miss?

Yeah YOU DONT HAVE TO LIVE IN bum *** Mississippi!!
As a casual UCLA football/basketball fan, no one cares about UCLA football. :lol:

Our upside is being like a top 20-25 program. Should be even lower now that they will be in the Big Ten.

When they hired chip it showed a change in direction. He has now sucked the life out the program and everyone that got on board is off of it now.

You can’t take him into the big 10 and try to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom