OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Big jump from high school to college. Those guys were likely the one of the best players on the field in every high school game they played. 99% of the guys on the college fields were good enough in high school go get a scholly so them guys you mentioned aren't hands down one of the best anymore. Life comes at you fast.

:rofl: :rofl:
First point goes back to why Florida State is playing today. A missing qb means a lot.

Celebrating and pointing out that tOSU lost to one of the aforementioned middle of the pack SEC teams is different.

"Typed all that." Come on, man. That was 90 seconds of typing.lolol

The last point is not a point at all. Hate to use the phrase "anti-sec fans" , but you know what I'm saying. Anti-sec fans in here said teams in the SEC not named bama and ga get praised and bumped up because of the conference affiliation. Dudes seemed mad teams like ole miss were ranked 11 and saying it was just cause of the conference. I could only laugh when I saw they'd only lost 2 and their opponent today had the same record and was ranked higher.

Your arms must hurt with that reach :lol:

Penn States ranked one whole spot higher and has 2 losses as well :lol:

Ryan Day dead *** in a lot of crosshairs lately.

He don't win next year, is he toast? Is he gonna try to bounce to the NFL this spring?

Whole thing just smells like it's going rotten outside looking in.

He don't win next year, is he toast? Is he gonna try to bounce to the NFL this spring?

Nah, the expanded playoff is going to save a lot of these coaches. Even if he loses to Michigan they typically finish inside the top 10 with how bad the conference is. Schedule next year is a joke too. Like I said, I don’t want him fired but I do think he’s got an inflated record people love to defend. I’m almost 99% sure he’s never won a game as an underdog/where he doesn’t have a huge talent advantage

Please stop posting that lunatic's account
sadcam.png

We also ain't gonna act like you weren't the first guy screaming early in the year A&M was a good team when you had to try to justify your own team not being garbage. :lol:

Now it's this. Stop it.
Woah fam. I too am a Hurricane fan. I just don't mind people saying observable facts. The SEC has dominated college football and is a tough conference.
Your arms must hurt with that reach :lol:

Penn States ranked one whole spot higher and has 2 losses as well :lol:
The hell?! That's exactly the point. :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking you were the one who said it. Ole Miss gets a boost cause they play in the SEC. With 2 losses where did you want them to be ranked? You were saying that dumb **** like they were 7-5 and ranked in the top 8.

And yeah, Penn State has two losses and are ranked higher and nobody said anything. Were they boosted 'cause they play in the conference with tOSU and UM?

The only thing that saves him next year if he loses to UM is winning it all.

If that makes AM fans (lost their bowl and were awfully quiet) and Florida fans (sitting at home during bowl season) beat their SEC drum then more power to em
lol I posted before the game I wasn’t even going to waste time watching it. Yall love to talk about bowl games not mattering, then troll when we lose and get all butthurt when we troll back.

They literally were playing the backup QB and didn’t have their best player :lol:. OSU might be fraudulent but that’s the win that the S-E-C crowd is going to gas?

And what does that have to do with fans of sorry teams celebrating a CONFERENCE win?

And last point, Mizzou was actually good this year. You just typed up all of that for no reason. Had nothing to do with the price of tea in China

I think it's important to remember the circumstances that led to the SEC conference chest bumping

In 2004, a 13-0 SEC champion Auburn team was left out of the BCS title game in favor of undefeated Pac-10 and Big 12 champions (USC and Oklahoma). Basically, what happened to Auburn in 2004 is what happened to FSU this season.

The conference as a whole felt disrespected because they thought "if this can happen to Auburn, it can happen to any of us". This is why SEC teams began pounding their chest to prop up the entire conference.

And guess what: that chest bumping worked because now the idea of an undefeated SEC team being left out of anything is unfathomable.

I think the era of SEC teams needing to root for one another is long gone but it's important to remember why it happened in the first place and how effective it has been in propping up the conference.

I think the era of SEC teams needing to root for one another is long gone but it's important to remember why it happened in the first place and how effective it has been in propping up the conference.
Nobody even does it anymore but they still love to talk about it. :lol:

lol I posted before the game I wasn’t even going to waste time watching it. Yall love to talk about bowl games not mattering, then troll when we lose and get all butthurt when we troll back.

I’m not butthurt in the least :lol: it’s all fun and smack talk for me

I already said I only like watching bowl games to see what young players will be on the field next year. They’re fun and exciting to watch, but they truly have no meaning.

I’m pretty sure y’all’s fellow cheerleader MVP MVP was the one clamoring about how bowl games matter and get you ranked for next year :lol:

I only read about that SEC teams rooting for each other stuff. I don't know anyone who does that in real life. I thought it was adopted from media narratives.

In the end, nothing matters except the championship. I watch bowl games because I love college football. Didn't know a lot of folks were anti bowl games.

Thought Kitna was go have to hang it up and start his career in insurance or accounting or some ****. Bum should be in prison some where.

Back
Top Bottom