OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saban leaving Tuscaloosa

giphy.gif

WOW!!! I appreciate everything Saban done for Tuscaloosa. Being born and raised there and going to games since ‘98, I never imagined how Tuscaloosa would had grown until he arrived. What he did for the community in the 2011 tornado and plus more. Barely remember the 92 championship, but I enjoyed every single National Championship he won and was blessed to witness the 2nd & 26 game with my brother and 2 of my 3 nephews.

WOW!!! I appreciate everything Saban done for Tuscaloosa. Being born and raised there and going to games since ‘98, I never imagined how Tuscaloosa would had grown until he arrived. What he did for the community in the 2011 tornado and plus more. Barely remember the 92 championship, but I enjoyed every single National Championship he won and was blessed to witness the 2nd & 26 game with my brother and 2 of my 3 nephews.

Don’t forget about his coaching rehab/recovery clinic. Many of HCs are indebted 🤣🤣🤣

They need to get Saint Nick to replace Corso as soon as they can, think he'd be absolute gold on TV.

He's always been a great addition and insightful when he's joined the team on occasion in the past

Also, thank goodness for NT. I was on ESPN a few minutes ago, and it auto-redirects to ESPN Guatemala (I’m in Guatemala at the moment). I can’t speak Spanish and none of these headlines say anything about Saban. I would have come back stateside and still thought he’s the coach at bama. :lol:

IMG_2567.jpeg

There’s not much more to tell, it was when the Jags came for joint practices with the Vikings in 2018 and I was covering the team, and he’s got this like circle pad putting on blush.

He sees me looking at him in the mirror, not because of the makeup first because I was like, ‘That’s Rapoport and he’s like 5’6”’, his smallness was my first thought.

He sees me looking at him in the mirror after I finished up and goes, “This is completely normal, I promise you.”

Wonder if its health related to come out of nowhere like this?
Wasn't really out of nowhere. Been talked about for the past two years. People were saying the strong feeling in the building was, whether this year or next, Saban wasn't going to do this for much longer. People were surprised he didn't call it after last year.

Wonder if its health related to come out of nowhere like this?
Might be but he's also sneaky old.

Still though I think he saw the writing on the wall. The game changed with NIL and the portal so it's not the same game that he had a strangle hold on in the past.

If he was younger he might be up for the challenge but at 72 and with his resume, I can imagine that he's tired and more than satisfied with everything he accomplished.

Really would love to see him make TV his next move though. Having people like him and Belichick breaking stuff down on air is always 🤌🏾🤌🏾

Type of guys that have forgotten more about football than most people will ever know :lol:

Back
Top Bottom