OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it is a top five job (right up there with Georgia, LSU, Texas, Ohio State) but not number one, especially with NIL.

It's been so long now that people forget but prior to Nick Saban getting there, Alabama was similar to Auburn in that they had meddling, opinionated boosters. Saban was able to get those boosters in line because he was already a championship winning coach before he got to Alabama and of course once Alabama started winning it's easy to have alignment in your program.

It's not guaranteed that the new guy will have that type of clout.

FSU is a better job than LSU and Bama. And I hate FSU

I think it is a top five job (right up there with Georgia, LSU, Texas, Ohio State) but not number one, especially with NIL.

It's been so long now that people forget but prior to Nick Saban getting there, Alabama was similar to Auburn in that they had meddling, opinionated boosters. Saban was able to get those boosters in line because he was already a championship winning coach before he got to Alabama and of course once Alabama started winning it's easy to have alignment in your program.

It's not guaranteed that the new guy will have that type of clout.

It's crazy to think Bama was 46-40 (and losing to Minnesota in bowl games) the 7 years prior to landing Saban.

That's what someone on the UW board said also

what's crazy is the war chest is already 'decently' funded. Once news of saban happened, a very very rich man uppped his donations.

Mary Gates Hall about to receive updates for their janitorial closet lol. Rest should go to the proper channels.

If kdb goes to bama it will not be about money.

Genuinely curious, what makes FSU a better job than LSU or Alabama? What makes FSU a better job than Florida or Miami?

Best recruiting base in the country — can tap into SFLA and go into Bama, Georgia as well too. But Florida literally has enough talent for FSU and it’s 2 biggest rivals to pull in players . Has had sustained success through multiple coaches across different eras of CFB. Resources are good too.

Nobody was calling Bama a top 5 job before Saban. I definitely expect some drop off there based on the historical context of the job. Saban also made the LSU job what people think of it too. I’d argue LSU is a better job than Bama though, tbh.

FSU is better than Florida because the boosters/admin/support has been better. Same with Miami. Miami being a private school with a smaller alumni base has definitely been its biggest issue. No campus stadium, no massive donor base, not a huge pot of football crazy alums.

X's and O's wise he might be the best candidate they could've gotten but is he gonna be able to utilize their resources and get those boosters in line to sustain the top recruiting classes that Saint Nick was able to deliver annually over the last decade plus?

Man going to be rough for Washington transitioning to a new conference having to replace their coach and heisman finalist QB
We survived

spt_6photo_ty_12-06-2008_COES7J5.jpg

I can handle being the new Rutgers for a while.

DeBoer was always gonna leave at some point the Saban retirement just sped up the process though ( even if he temporarily stays somehow)

X's and O's wise he might be the best candidate they could've gotten but is he gonna be able to utilize their resources and get those boosters in line to sustain the top recruiting classes that Saint Nick was able to deliver annually over the last decade plus?

Depends on your definition of top, I think Bama just brand wise is still going to be top 5 every season, but NIL and the transfer portal has changed everything recruiting wise.

This is a great hire by them.

Great coach, but Sioux Falls and Seattle ain't the Tuscaloosa

I wanna see how he fits/recruits culturally in the South and handles a fanbase that treats football like church

Great coach, but Sioux Falls and Seattle ain't the Tuscaloosa

I wanna see how he fits/recruits culturally in the South and handles a fanbase that treats football like church

Les Miles and Urban Meyer aren't from the south and did just fine in the SEC. Saban left tremendous infrastructure in place at Bama. DeBoer has all he needs to succeed.

Bama nailed this hire. DeBoer will keep them in contention for nattys
Was initially thinking that Kirby was gonna be the new sheriff in town running the SEC for the next decade without much resistance but Bama might have a smoother transition than expected.

If they can maintain a semblance of the same recruiting structure/base they've had under Saban, they'll be right up there in the title picture every year with his coaching.

I'm fascinated in seeing his offense in the SEC

Back
Top Bottom