OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coach Prime is a genius marketer an expert to salesman. The way he's able to spin not taking a single in-home visit into a good thing needs to be studied by other coaches.

"Parents don't want me in their living rooms, they want to see my house" and "I don't visit local high schools because I don't want to make the other high schools I'm not visiting jealous" are great lines.

On a more serious note, he's making it sound like these are unique challenges that he alone faces. There are countless stories of millionaire college football coaches going to visit players in the poorest, toughest areas in the country.

70-year-old Nick Saban was out there doing the Cha Cha slide in recruit living rooms for goodness sake. Most recruits want you to visit their homes and get to know them and their families on a personal level.

Also, you're not going to make high school coaches jealous by visiting one high school versus another. This is why you have a gigantic staff who visits all of the major schools in the region. This isn't a new concept.

At the end of the day though if The university and their fans are happy with the results they are getting in recruiting, who am I to complain?

Last edited:
200.gif

Curious what the UNC argument/angle will be if they end up filing in a few weeks.

Jeremiah has apparently been killing it in spring ball and already lost the black stripe

IMG_4457.jpeg
He looks like a college junior right now.
“We don’t have a spot in the B1G or SEC.”
Meh, it may be true but it’s more this than anything. UNC isn’t going to be left out and their AD is saying the same thing publicly. Unless you’re lawyering up right now, no need to take on that liability. Nobody has an offer to join either conference right now.

As a B1G fan, if I had it my way it’d be Miami and ND and then we call it a day.

I don’t really get why UNC boosters/fans want to leave. They’re not going to have that level of influence in any other conference and it’s not like they are ever going to take football seriously enough to justify leaving a conference with all your rivals. A diluted ACC is not going to have any effect on the basketball program especially when they are most likely going to backfill with schools like UConn and Memphis.

As a B1G fan, if I had it my way it’d be Miami and ND and then we call it a day.

I don’t really get why UNC boosters/fans want to leave. They’re not going to have that level of influence in any other conference and it’s not like they are ever going to take football seriously enough to justify leaving a conference with all your rivals. A diluted ACC is not going to have any effect on the basketball program especially when they are most likely going to backfill with schools like UConn and Memphis.
UConn didn’t want to join the ACC last time around and their boosters blocked the most recent Big 12 overtures.

They don’t care about football. Big East basketball matters most to them. And I don’t blame them.

Coach Prime is a genius marketer an expert to salesman. The way he's able to spin not taking a single in-home visit into a good thing needs to be studied by other coaches.

"Parents don't want me in their living rooms, they want to see my house" and "I don't visit local high schools because I don't want to make the other high schools I'm not visiting jealous" are great lines.

On a more serious note, he's making it sound like these are unique challenges that he alone faces. There are countless stories of millionaire college football coaches going to visit players in the poorest, toughest areas in the country.

70-year-old Nick Saban was out there doing the Cha Cha slide in recruit living rooms for goodness sake. Most recruits want you to visit their homes and get to know them and their families on a personal level.

Also, you're not going to make high school coaches jealous by visiting one high school versus another. This is why you have a gigantic staff who visits all of the major schools in the region. This isn't a new concept.

At the end of the day though if The university and their fans are happy with the results they are getting in recruiting, who am I to complain?

I wonder how much Deion's health and circulation issues play a role behind the desire to not travel. And him just not admitting that.

B1G fan too. I want UNC and Miami or FSU for a Florida presence. ND is never joining. I don’t think UVA adds anything that the B1G doesn’t already get with Maryland.

I still wish the B1G would’ve taken Stanford too because of Olympic sports, but I understand the economics behind why they didn’t.

Back
Top Bottom