OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so is Christen Miller worth all the money USC is trying to throw at him atlsfinest atlsfinest ?

Just saw Christen Millers instagram post with him rapping. I’m gonna have to pass on him. It’s a no for me dawg. I can’t with this bull poo anymore.

For the uninitiated :rofl:

IMG-20240424-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20240425-WA0000.jpg

Miller is a good player who was in Georgia's 2 deep last season. Going into this season, I would think that Miller would have been Georgia's 3rd or 4th best delinemen. He's solid but nothing spectacular, I think Bear Alexander is a higher potential player.

Miller could get snaps as a rotational piece at Georgia or he could get paid more money and be a full-time starter at a program like USC. Apparently he's been complaining about getting more money in Georgia hasn't been willing to give him more so I get why he is leaving. Good luck to the kid but not a huge loss for Georgia.

Rashada popped for UGA

Did he get leapfrogged at ASU? Him bolting seemed so odd

From what I've read, Rashada got injured during the winter and didn't participate in spring practice at all. Arizona State brought in another transfer QB who performed well in the spring. As opposed to losing his job he chose to transfer.

As a Georgia fan, this is an interesting move. Rashada is obviously a talented player but Georgia isn't the school to go to if you are afraid of competition or if you want a school to clear the deck for you to start. He's obviously not starting in 2024 and a 2025 he will likely have to compete with Gunner Stockton, a talented QB Georgia has had from the 2022 cycle.

I trust Kirby but I can also see Rashada entering the transfer portal again.

12395558.png

atlsfinest atlsfinest I guess Miller is back to being good again :lol:

🤣🤣🤣

I don't play the whole "A player is great when he's on my roster but trash when he transfers". I feel the same way about Miller today that I felt yesterday. He is a rotational piece but losing him wouldn't have been a big loss for Georgia. It's always good to have good depth pieces though

It’s the same story with these highly rated guys. The “scared of competition” label simply means they’re just not that good, most of the time IMO.

Go to a lesser school and ball out if you want to be the starter from day one. Go to a mid major or lower D1 program and start for 3-4 years straight. Instead of the usual powerhouse programs.

You’re already on NFL scouts radar if you’re a 4, 5 star rated prospect. The NFL will find you no matter what.

Rashada avoided the SEC with Florida, now he wants back in

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣

I don't play the whole "A player is great when he's on my roster but trash when he transfers". I feel the same way about Miller today that I felt yesterday. He is a rotational piece but losing him wouldn't have been a big loss for Georgia. It's always good to have good depth pieces though
I think your coaching staff is higher on him than a rotational/depth piece. You don’t typically see the bag upped if that’s the case

It’s the same story with these highly rated guys. The “scared of competition” label simply means they’re just not that good, most of the time IMO.

Go to a lesser school and ball out if you want to be the starter from day one. Go to a mid major or lower D1 program and start for 3-4 years straight. Instead of the usual powerhouse programs.

You’re already on NFL scouts radar if you’re a 4, 5 star rated prospect. The NFL will find you no matter what.

None of us know the true story. Jaden was thrust into the starting role as a true freshman and played okay. Maybe he realized that it's better for his long-term development to sit behind an experienced QB for a year and then inherit a role as the starting QB for one of the most talented teams in the country.

What the ASU beat writer said about Jaden running away from potential competition worries me about his prospects at a hyper-competitive school like Georgia.

Also, Jaden has transferred and changed his mind so many times that I doubt he's going to stick things out if they don't go his way to Georgia:

Three different high schools, committed to three different colleges (Miami, Florida and ASU) and now he's transferring after his true freshman year. It might be anecdotal but these types of players rarely seem to work out.

From what I've read, Rashada got injured during the winter and didn't participate in spring practice at all. Arizona State brought in another transfer QB who performed well in the spring. As opposed to losing his job he chose to transfer.

As a Georgia fan, this is an interesting move. Rashada is obviously a talented player but Georgia isn't the school to go to if you are afraid of competition or if you want a school to clear the deck for you to start. He's obviously not starting in 2024 and a 2025 he will likely have to compete with Gunner Stockton, a talented QB Georgia has had from the 2022 cycle.

12395558.png

That makes a lot of sense and probably explains everything

Yes!! You don’t need to play at Georgia if you’re Rashada. I just don’t understand these type of decisions. When you transfer, you better damn well know you are going to play at your next stop, otherwise, you’ll be in the same situation the next cycle. All you need is film, whether it’s at Georgia or duke. Just play. That’s why I loved Maalik Murphy decision to go to Duke. Malachi Nelson to Boise. Those were great decisions. Now, if you can’t play there, then that should let you know where you stand and education is probably going to be your route

Stop following the sexy named program!

Maybe I’m just a coward but if I’m transferring and have dreams of the next level, I’m going somewhere that I’m confident in playing time

Yes!! You don’t need to play at Georgia if you’re Rashada. I just don’t understand these type of decisions. When you transfer, you better damn well know you are going to play at your next stop, otherwise, you’ll be in the same situation the next cycle. All you need is film, whether it’s at Georgia or duke. Just play. That’s why I loved Maalik Murphy decision to go to Duke. Malachi Nelson to Boise. Those were great decisions. Now, if you can’t play there, then that should let you know where you stand and education is probably going to be your route

Stop following the sexy named program!

Maybe I’m just a coward but if I’m transferring and have dreams of the next level, I’m going somewhere that I’m confident in playing time

Get what you're saying but I also understand the allure of playing at a big program. I imagine these kids still care about winning games so playing at a big school like Georgia gives you the opportunity to play in the biggest games and win championships.

Also, playing with great players makes your job a lot easier as a QB. If Jaden is able to win the job at Georgia he will be playing with one of the best offensive lines in the nation, loaded backfield and good pass catchers. At a school like Duke or Boise you'll have to overcome the lack of talent around you.

Look at JJ McCarthy, played behind an elite offensive line and had the best defense in the country. There was very little pressure on him to do anything and he is still going to be a top 10 pick (somehow).

Get what you're saying but I also understand the allure of playing at a big program. I imagine these kids still care about winning games so playing at a big school like Georgia gives you the opportunity to play in the biggest games and win championships.

Also, playing with great players makes your job a lot easier as a QB. If Jaden is able to win the job at Georgia he will be playing with one of the best offensive lines in the nation, loaded backfield and good pass catchers. At a school like Duke or Boise you'll have to overcome the lack of talent around you.

Look at JJ McCarthy, played behind an elite offensive line and had the best defense in the country. There was very little pressure on him to do anything and he is still going to be a top 10 pick (somehow).

Agree but McCarthy was basically pegged as the starter at least as a true sophomore. Cade McNamara and Joe Mixon were terrible anyhow so, he was entertaining the perfect situation

Josh Allen, Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Will Levitz, Malik Willis, etc. the NFL will find you, if you ballout (UNC is a big program, I mentioned Trubisky because he kind of came out if nowhere).

Even Mahomes at Texas Tech. And what you said is true, but also on the flip side, it’s the “did the sum of the parts and skill players make him look better?”

That’s the knock on McCarthy too. Bama QBs use to get the label until recently with Tua, Jalen and Bryce Young is TBD. Did the elite skill players and great players in the trenches make these guys look better than they are? That’s the biggest question for QBs who play with elite talent.

Constantly transferring and maneuvering just because of not having job security is a red flag

Y’all gonna keep that same energy you had for Bear, or?

What energy? Bear is a good player for you guys but not an elite player. He still has a lot of growing to do physically and mentally.

Probably would have been better for his development to play at a school like Georgia but I have no hard feelings for him. You are the one who keeps bringing him up 🤣

12395558.png

"He’ll have to compete with Gunner Stockton” LMAOOOOO

Back
Top Bottom